+1

Polaris Virage 2000 ish 700 carb wire/ electrical box question

No spark... i have gone thru the diagnostics on the forum here wich is excellent..... My question is Cdi red/ purple wire goes to a red purple spliced orange to the board for red/ purple 12 V ihave only 6 volts wich is a issue.... i need 12 v.. is the spliced wire a resister or diode?? it looks factory wondering why the orange to reg/ purple change on the same wire.. diagrams do not talk about it.. but i deffinatly have a resitance issue on it..i do not just want to run a new 12 volt wire if this wire has a specific function to the CDS for voltage ..kurt

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Hold down the Bilge button, that should bump the voltage on Orange up to full battery voltage. If the CDI then starts and runs with Bilge button held down, the LR module is suspect.

The CDI Red/Purple to Orange jumper is just a regular wire.

LR-505 module is supposed to switch battery power onto Orange when the engine is cranking. The original LR-505 are known to fail (2000-2001 era).

The updated LR-505-4 (I think) is the most recent version of that module.

+1
    I have only 6 volts to the Cdi on the orange/ red purple & have 12 on the electrical box spade terminal i think I have my issue then.. thanks.. PS the bilge button had no effect on my spark ..kurt

+1
    Well after cleaning connections.... I think I have stator issue.... powered up the stator with the 9 volt battery.... I have VERY VERY weak spark... Will not light a timing light but if I look really hard I have spark.. re hooked to the CDI.. same Issue.. Good 10.9 volts to the CDI on the orange/ red pur when cranking 9 volts on cdi brown.. 12 volts on red/ pur to the stator all kill wires are disconnected.... Kurt

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 3springers26 View Post
    Well after cleaning connections.... I think I have stator issue.... powered up the stator with the 9 volt battery.... I have VERY VERY weak spark... Will not light a timing light but if I look really hard I have spark.. re hooked to the CDI.. same Issue.. Good 10.9 volts to the CDI on the orange/ red pur when cranking 9 volts on cdi brown.. 12 volts on red/ pur to the stator all kill wires are disconnected.... Kurt
    Ohm test the stator exciter coil.

+1
    yep a little light on the black & purple ohms check.. now I need to find a stator kurt

+1
    I think I am One step ahead of you. I have a 2001 Polaris SLH 700 with the same problem, and have done the same tests, disconected the start/stop, pushed the builge pump button. I have purchased a ebay upgrade stator from a running ski. Still no spark. I have done the 9 volt batt test. I have tested the A/C exitter coil output by cranking the engine without spark plugs in the engine. I got 2.787 volts A/C. . I don't know what it should be. If you know what the output should be please let me know. It seams to me that if you have the proper A/C voltage output, that would be the real test. I now have 2 good stators.

+1
    This is an update to my last post. I was on the right track, it is very important to know the stator A/C output (Measured on the Purp. wire from the stator wile cranking the starter) As it turns out the stator must exceed 5.5 volts A/C to supply the CDI with the proper Volts. If the stator ohms test OK and you get 10.5+ volts D/C going to the CDI and you get 7/9 volts D/C out of the CDI (Brown wire) and still No Spark. CHANGE THE FLYWHEEL. In my last post I said I got 2.787 volts A/C from the stator. I purchased a Flywheel and installed it. I now measured 8.132 volts A/C. I now have Tonn's of SPARKKKKK.

+1
    My stator was out of spec.. replaced it fired right up!!

I'm new to this forum. I've been dealing with the same issues. My problem is when I try to jump power to the stator with the 9 volt battery or with a jumper wire from the battery and i hit the start button i get nothing. I havent seen this problem on this post yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2001 virage 700 by the way.

Thread Information