Thread: Stator fault?

Stator fault?

I had an electrical problem on my Seadoo RX DI, the battery would not charge and the ski kept going into limp mode. The battery is brand new so had a look at the forum and found that it can be the stator or regulator.

I did the tests on the regulator, battery did not go past 12.5V and when reed up the voltage dropped so found that it is faulty so I replaced the regulator. Whilst doing this I also tested the stator.

There was a connection problem at the plug on the stator cover which was easily resolved. When I tested the stator I got 0.5 resistance across the three yellows which is within spec and no continuity to ground. When I tested the Vac it got to 30Vac at 4000rpm across all three yellows. The manual says that you should get 40 - 70.

Does this look like a stator problem or can it be something else like a connection? A stator just looks like a part to me that would not deteriorate in output but rather just fail? Am I wrong here and should I look at getting the stator replaced?

Thanks for looking

Bowling Green, KY
    30vac should be enough to charge, i suspect that your 4k rpm test wasn't 4k rpm... put it all together and see what the battery voltage comes up to when revving.

Thread Information