+1

Sunday Cruise Chilliwack Lake BC

Out for a burl on Chilliwack Lake in BC Canada. Lake is glacier fed. Yes that means cold regardless....but lots of beaches to enjoy. Well in July and August maybe..

Just learning how to use the GoPro. Lot's to learn!

+1
    Water looks Amazing !!!!!

+1
    That's what life is about. Finding a lake in the mountains all to yourself. Beautiful place!

4. +1 by:

+1
    Very Nice.

+1
    A little less action than your's and Mario's...! At least I got the mount issue solved. It's a pretty small lake really but some nice beaches if you make a day trip out of it. It's
    a 90 min trip from Langley alone. Still planning on an ocean voyage to the Islands. Say that all the time but as usual, something gets in the way...

+1
    When I first read your post I had Cultus in my head and thought I have never seen Cultus Lake that deserted and that calm then I realized it was Chilliwack. How's the road up there ? Last time I was up there it was gravel most of the way.

We are out for a ride most weekends usually launching from Ladner, you're welcome to join us. We did a nice run to Horseshoe Bay a few weeks ago for lunch.

+1
    I've never even been on Cultus. It seems from what every boater says, a gong show at the best of times so I don't bother. The road up to Chilliwack is fine - all paved - a little bumpy in
    some spots but all around fine. The road from the paved main road in to the launch is gravel and horrible this day anyway. It's only about a mile at most but I could set up camp in the potholes. Dustier
    than crap the day we were there too. The launch isn't great but not too bad. It's a winding road down to the actual launch with just enough space for really one to launch at a time. There
    is a pullout at the top of the road down so you can wait while the boat ahead launches. The biggest PITA is no dock or anything so 2 launching has one person go out in lake then return.

Guy in truck gets wet and he has to wade out to machine to make sure hull doesn't hit the launch.....

Judging by your videos, I think you and Mario would fall asleep on that lake though......

I still have your number and would love to go out with you guys. So I do plan to call at some point..

Thread Information