+1

1st Oil Change / Service

Hello All;

Just curious anyone's feed back on first service. 2014 Ultra 310 X SE manual says 25hrs. I think that's way took long for the first oil change, I was thinking 10hrs max. Any recommendations as well as where to get the service done? Not very mechanically inclined to do it myself unless it is really easy.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

+1
    The sooner the better. This is when your break in occurs. You want all of metal particles out of the engine sooner than 25 hours. I am kind of crazy and did it at 1, 5 and 10. I change mine every 10 in my SeaDoo RXPX engine.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Check with the dealer (or ask Kawasaki support directly) whether the factory oil is special break-in oil and whether an early oil change is discouraged.

Break in procedure depends on the engine design and manufacture. Some modern engines have specific break in requirements, some not so much. I do not have specific knowledge on your particular engine.

+1
    It is in the owners manual ....10 Hours needs its first service. There are threads on this in the Kawasaki Tech info section.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OakvilleUltra300X View Post
    Hello All;

Just curious anyone's feed back on first service. 2014 Ultra 310 X SE manual says 25hrs. I think that's way took long for the first oil change, I was thinking 10hrs max. Any recommendations as well as where to get the service done? Not very mechanically inclined to do it myself unless it is really easy.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Chris, I'm not sure what Kawi's maintenance schedule is like but if you're looking for a place locally I'd recommend Pisces Marine on Wyecroft here in Oakville. Great people to deal with and they are a Kawi dealer as well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogzilla View Post
    Hello All;

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Chris, I'm not sure what Kawi's maintenance schedule is like but if you're looking for a place locally I'd recommend Pisces Marine on Wyecroft here in Oakville. Great people to deal with and they are a Kawi dealer as well.
    That's fantastic! I will certainly call them when it's time. Nice and close and from what I see they've been in business for a while now. Thanks for the heads up!

+1
    I have the 2017 310x and The manual does say to do the FIRST oil change at 25 hrs. Maybe they have a special break-in oil???? As an aircraft mechanic we use mineral oil to break in engines. Judging off what others did I went with 14 hrs. Have the nose of the ski pointing down on a sloped driveway and you can get almost all of the 4.8 quarts. I went with the amsoil 10w-40 full synthetic due to good reviews.
    Hello All;

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Thread Information