Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Supercharger Shims

I have 192hrs on my parts in my SC and put in Les Cooke washers, new needle bearings and spring washers at 120hrs. Shimmed it at 130 hrs back to 120"lbs slip with 2 washers. I did a slip check at 192hrs and had only 60"lbs slippage. Added new spring washers, new needles and 4 shims. My slip check came out at 95-100"lbs. Sound's like I need a new gear and washers. What does everybody think? I'm going to the FRS rally in St. Pete this weekend and don't have the time to do any more. At 200hrs I was going swap out the bearings with ceramic ( which I already have, didn't have the pusher ), get a new gear/washers and rebuild it. I think I'm okay for 10hrs of use- what is everybody's opinion. Thanks.
    Shaun.

+1
    Anybody got a opinion?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    ur not seeing a decrease in performance.. just a drop in slipping moment, right?... i think for a rec rider, you check it too much, lol.... while 60 in lbs is low, they can still maintain full boost that low alot of times...

i think ur first course is getting rid of the les cook washers and getting jerry's washers which seem to not nearly need the maintenance intervals of other washers on the market.

200 hours tho... definitely time for a full rebuild before a bearing fails and you wreck a housing and SC impeller...

i also wouldn't have any hesitation riding it in the meantime and going to whatever events you want...

+1
    My opinion is that the coated washers you are using are the cause of all your slippage. Check you PM

+1
    I agree about the coated washers causing my issues. Shibby, I run all ICW and ocean- and love to pin it all the time WFO. Yes, I did see a decrease in RPM from 8100 to 7900. What alerted me was that I put a rear intake in and didn't see a increase in RPM and it has been slightly degrading over time. With my setup, should be up in the 8100-8200 range. I'll be water testing in about 4hrs and sould see my rpm back. Stay tuned.

+1
    By the way, I did win the PPG drag races last year at St.Pete and going back to defend my crown. It was so rough last year, it was the war of RXT's and holeshots. I just pinned it and hung on- that is why I wear out clutch stacks. With my new intake and 13/18 3 blade, I will be tougher this year. It all depends on the weather and luck at the start line.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    and depends if any ultra 250s show up

if they do... VERY interested to hear how you fair against them

+1
    Scip,

I think you should leave it just the way it is.

+1
    Shibby, you are right about that. Those 250ultras are holeshot beasts and it will be very interesting if a few show up. But if it is flat, the RXP's and GPR's will rule.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by skipSC View Post
    What alerted me was that I put a rear intake in and didn't see a increase in RPM and it has been slightly degrading over time.

Skip, just wondering if you have pics of your RXT rear air intake set-up??, thanks

Ray

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information