Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lets get down to it On Honda's

Ok I own a Seadoo RXT. And my other friends own a bunch if diffrent skis.Its all about being on the on the water and having a good time. But whats gives with the guys who know there stuff on these machines and sell performance products. They will never post what speeds there getting with their skis. So I ask Nitro and Mac. Who are very respected tuners. If we build a Honda with all the goodies. What numbers will we see?

The hull is not designed on the Honda for top speed. Therefore, even with equal HP the Honda will always be slower top end wise.
    You can find numbers posted as far as top speeds. I know Mac as well as Nitro have listed some somewhere I've seen....I could be wrong but I 'think' Nitro has pushed one close to 80 "with all the goodies" and then some.
    I totally respect both those guys work, but for most people if they're ONLY looking for top end they should just stay away from the Honda.

+1
    There are some Honda's running 73 now.

+1
    I like the spirit of this post, and have been hinting about this for a while. Apparently it is a very, very sore spot, and a very sticky issue with the Honda faithful. Let me put it clearly...their cat hurts if you even talk about top-speed. Don't poke the kitty! Therefore, keep it respectful, and helpful in this thread or I'll delete it.

At least ONE of the GH members here are looking for simple hull upgrades named J-me. He is not making excuses for the speed as we normally see. He's looking for it. Note his post and lets figure out how to help him, OR ANYONE willing to step up and document speeds and results of mods.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22621

+1
    Hmmm, and what does all this have to do with Seadoo discussion?
    Doesn't Honda have a forum here...

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Hmmm, and what does all this have to do with Seadoo discussion?
    Doesn't Honda have a forum here...
    What dif does it make, don`t seadoo riders have friends with Honda`s, I doo! My Friend Jay has a Honda and he rides with US, so what`s the big deal. Dr Len who is also my good friend asked a Good question...
    so please heed Hydro`s request and keep this informative and don`t open the door for flaming! We are one big happy family!...PR...

Hi Mark, whassup!
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 04-20-2007 at 09:44 PM.

I'm thinking it's the pump where the issue is, thats what I'm going to be working on now. Too much Hp on a 6 vane pump omfg..... why didn't they use a 12 vane. Thats another Honda restricton, makin us slow.

+1
    6 vien pumps don't make you slow. What size diameter, and what size is the pump hub?

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wingedrocket View Post
    I'm thinking it's the pump where the issue is, thats what I'm going to be working on now. Too much Hp on a 6 vane pump omfg..... why didn't they use a 12 vane. Thats another Honda restricton, makin us slow.
    Dude the 6 vein 148mm pump in my Polaris did just fine with 190-200hp...

IMO the intake opening on those things is a huge restriction...I remember looking at pics of it before and thinking to myself that you were going to be seriously overstuffing the pump at anything more than minimal gains over stock...speed wise...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc7897 View Post
    Dude the 6 vein 148mm pump in my Polaris did just fine with 190-200hp...

IMO the intake opening on those things is a huge restriction...I remember looking at pics of it before and thinking to myself that you were going to be seriously overstuffing the pump at anything more than minimal gains over stock...speed wise...
    I aggre that the pump opening shape is the limiting factor.
    The openig is just too wide and it needs to be longer for top speed performance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information