Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505

    only 1.2 left to go...

    Well folks, it's a great day in the land of cheese and beer today:
    65 degree air
    55 degree water
    46% humidity
    0-5 mph wind
    0-3" ripples

    I got the RIVA grate, home made catch can, and the 4" Intake in.

    Got down to the Lake and ran it on the trailer, to check for leaks (NONE!!!, not too bad for the first try)

    Threw on the vest, put the seat on and lets give it a try:

    BAM!!! 73.8 MPH baby!!!

    Very constant 8250 rpms @73.5 mph
    Occasional blips to 8300 rpms @ 73.8 mph...

    OK, I'm off to China Mart to get the epoxy for the skegs...


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Congrats!

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by jtpmedic View Post
    Well folks, it's a great day in the land of cheese and beer today:
    65 degree air
    55 degree water
    46% humidity
    0-5 mph wind
    0-3" ripples

    I got the RIVA grate, home made catch can, and the 4" Intake in.

    Got down to the Lake and ran it on the trailer, to check for leaks (NONE!!!, not too bad for the first try)

    Threw on the vest, put the seat on and lets give it a try:

    BAM!!! 73.8 MPH baby!!!

    Very constant 8250 rpms @73.5 mph
    Occasional blips to 8300 rpms @ 73.8 mph...

    OK, I'm off to China Mart to get the epoxy for the skegs...
    NICE!

    Shouldn't you be pulling more RPM's with that ECU?

    Any whistling from the tubes, are were they quiet?

  4. #4
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    NICE!

    Shouldn't you be pulling more RPM's with that ECU?

    Any whistling from the tubes, are were they quiet?
    Well, I was @8400 before and that was it. I'm more comfortable @8300, less chance of BOOM...

    This thing is so smooth with the power now, I couldn't hear any whistling.

    I think there is more speed in it right now, but I've got a little (actually a pretty bad) bouncy/bouncy issue that I hope the skegs will help... If the nose doesn't settle down tomorrow, I'll be sending Jerry some money to send to the Germans...

    JP

  5. #5
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    You will definately want the RE's

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by jtpmedic View Post
    Well, I was @8400 before and that was it. I'm more comfortable @8300, less chance of BOOM...

    This thing is so smooth with the power now, I couldn't hear any whistling.

    I think there is more speed in it right now, but I've got a little (actually a pretty bad) bouncy/bouncy issue that I hope the skegs will help... If the nose doesn't settle down tomorrow, I'll be sending Jerry some money to send to the Germans...

    JP
    We could tweek the prop just a hair, get it to sit at 8350ish...

    how much gas? is it fresh gas?

    Did you remember to pinch off the boost gauge line? I'm gonna work on that this weekend for ya...


    My dad wants to know how warm the pipes where, inlet and outlet...you should be able to touch them and see after a quick blast...
    Last edited by Danny; 04-20-2007 at 03:51 PM.

  7. #7
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You will definately want the RE's
    Of course, gee what a surprise...
    Will the Skegs help at all?
    How about if I remove the wedge?


    JP

  8. #8
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    The skegs wont help. Removing the wedge might. Im building up an RXT right now and the RE's killed any porpoise it had.... even with the wedge.

  9. #9
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by jtpmedic View Post
    Of course, gee what a surprise...
    Will the Skegs help at all?
    How about if I remove the wedge?


    JP
    dunno about the wedge...



    OH, how did the sponsons work?

  10. #10
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    We could tweek the prop just a hair, get it to sit at 8350ish...

    how much gas? is it fresh gas?

    Did you remember to pinch off the boost gauge line? I'm gonna work on that this weekend for ya...


    My dad wants to know how warm the pipes where, inlet and outlet...you should be able to touch them and see after a quick blast...
    2 bars of fuel, NOT fresh, that's why I haven't put in the Iridiums yet...

    Line is sealed off.

    Tell Randy that I'll check them when I'm out tomorrow, I did have my hand down there looking for leaks and didn't notice anything.

    JP

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. top speed only 68mph need some help to go faster
    By LI JETSKIER53190 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-14-2015, 08:07 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 06:16 PM
  3. 1999 GP1200 steering to left only is it easy to fix HELP !!
    By gregsgp1200 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 12:52 PM
  4. Only two more weeks left to look at MS Gibson!
    By scittb in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 01:16 PM
  5. Way to go RXT!!!
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •