Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Skat-Trak Magnums for 250

You guys know it was coming. They ask us to get the word out. Right now there's a 4 week waiting period which is not bad considering it is the start of the race season.

We will get you some new pictures soon.

http://www.legdrag.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=276

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Kevin,
    Have you tested that Ultra 250 Skat prop yet?

hmm there also seems to be some props from Skat on that site as well..

Impeller!!!

OK folks, as if we were not expecting this. Not only is Skat-Trak doing the impeller thing but so is Solas. Now, the real question is there are some of us here on this forum that have been intouch with these developers that arn't talking right now (and you know who you are) that know the speeds that these impellers are getting but are hush hush right now only because of various reasons. Its just a matter of time before the consumer that means most of us in this forum that is waiting for some numbers from these impellers. As far as the hush hush people and i know you have numbers. When? Cuz "As long as those explosive ingredients remain-you will have the potential for explosion on your hands"
    "Malcom X"

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Cmon Skip,
    Do tell !!!!!

I thought that replacing your pump with a skat pump is only necessary if you have a heavily modified craft (ie. jump in horsepower etc)? I thought the skat pumps will actually slow down/bog down a bone stock craft because they cause too much load on the stock engine and drop rpms.

Any validity to this?

+1
    What Cue said ... on almost every ski, even highly modified skis, Skat pumps increase hookup and takeoff but give up some top speed. This seems due to two things, the design of the pump is biased toward hookup and recovery rather than top speed, and most Skat impellers are also designed primarily for hookup and takeoff. Also most Skat pumps will only accept Skat impellers, limiting your impeller choices. Solas impellers (and Nu Jet) historically have had higher top speeds than Skat impellers usually.

Since the 250X seems to have great hookup and takeoff, and most guys on the forum are looking for more top speed, the Skat probably won't help recreational riders. CC racers, different story of course.

Just generalizations from other PWCs with Skat pumps ... my guess is that you will have better top speed with the stock pump and the Solas impeller (when they get the optimal one out there and available).

+1
    I contacted my Solas distributor yesterday about the availability of the Solas concord KGX-CD 15/21 prop. They didn't receive them yet. I agree with the other posts, Skat is fine for cc racing, but the expensive magnum pump and prop is overkill for the rec rider. SS pump vanes are not needed.

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    the design of the pump is biased toward hookup and recovery rather than top speed, and most Skat impellers are also designed primarily for hookup and takeoff. Solas impellers (and Nu Jet) historically have had higher top speeds than Skat impellers usually.

Since the 250X seems to have great hookup and takeoff, and most guys on the forum are looking for more top speed, the Skat probably won't help recreational riders. CC racers, different story of course.
    Exactly, this race stuff is VERY cool but I'd sure like to see more of the REC rider mods and how they affect the 250.
    It'll come............

I went on the skt-trak sit & I did not see the impeller on there!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information