+1

Suggestions for while XLL is apart?

I am gonna finally install the D-Plate on my 2000 XLL this weekend! I have had it part way disassembled for months now but the Mustang bug bit again and I have been wrenching on my car instead of the ski during the off season. Now its time to get back up and running! While I have the stinger out putting on the D-Plate, is there ANYTHING else I should do?? Any free mods to do to the air intake while I'm in there? I remember something about the hoses for the air intake but can't remember exactly what... my ski has the following:

13/19 Solas
    PPK
    Waveeaters
    R&D Plate and Grate

I don't want to change heads or anything like that and don't want to hassle with a rejet but is there anything small I can do while its apart that could help? I know GPR's have some good free mods, what about for the XLL & XLT's?? Is there anything I should do to the Plate and grate that could help me out speed wise? I am just trying to do what I can with little to no money at this time because I am most likely going to be handing this ski off to my wife and picking up a Ultra 250 in the future.

Thanks!

+1
    Anyone? I got the cat out and am about to put the D plate in... do I need to do anything else while I am this far?

+1
    Well... if the carbs have never been torn down and rebuilt... it might not be a bad idea to pull them off and rebuild them. Of course if you're rebuilding them T-handles and re-jetting may not be a bad plan. At a minimum inspect the oil injection lines leading to the carbs to make sure they are secure... they probably aren't. How many hours are on the engine?

+1
    I checked all connections and then put it back together... it has right around 60 hours on it. I let it sit overnight to give all loctite and Copper sealant time to cure and tonight I will finish wiring up my Tiny Tach Commercial and fire her up!

Thread Information