Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Riva Power Filter Install

Riva instructions are a little confusing. Can someone give me pics of exactly what is removed as far as the intake ducting goes? Any other tips on the install are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Well I finally got it; what a P.I.T.A.! On to the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox View Post
    Riva instructions are a little confusing. Can someone give me pics of exactly what is removed as far as the intake ducting goes? Any other tips on the install are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    don't use those 2 odd bolts to hold your power filter tube as they are hard to install,and as GH suggested just use 2 tie wraps.
    easy for removal also if you ever need to work on SC.
    don't forget to twist that clamp on the shaft boot.

+1
    Yea, I found them confusing also. I had a hard time figuring out whether or not you were supposed to remove the front half of the stock intake piping. After trial fitting the Riva intake, it became obvious it had to go. It doesn't give any instructions on how to do it.

Also, the Riva instructions say to use the stock supercharger intake hose AND the silicone one. It took a little head-scratching to figure out they left out the word "clamp". It should read "use the stock supercharger intake hose clamp".

Well between interruptions and so forth I managed to get the hardest part done. Just need to mount the box & I'll be done.

Thanks for the info abt the zip ties; I used the M5 bolts b/4 I read your post but I do plan on a RR S/C upgrade so I'll use them next time.

What P.I.T.A. this was! I have fiberglass in my arms, I slipped off the tlr & bruised my leg & then I scratched up my stomach from lying across the engine. I would have rather paid the dealer.

+1
    If you think the current version of the Riva instructions are bad, you should have seen them in 2004. Literally, the instructions said "remove stock air intake." 4 hours later I made it to the next step

Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox View Post
    Well between interruptions and so forth I managed to get the hardest part done. Just need to mount the box & I'll be done.

Thanks for the info abt the zip ties; I used the M5 bolts b/4 I read your post but I do plan on a RR S/C upgrade so I'll use them next time.

What P.I.T.A. this was! I have fiberglass in my arms, I slipped off the tlr & bruised my leg & then I scratched up my stomach from lying across the engine. I would have rather paid the dealer.
    Yep, I glassed up my arm good getting the Riva intake on. I went with a FAT hoseclamp instead of tie-wraps / 5 mm bolts (how in the hell are you supposed to get those lined up anyway?). Will definitely go the tie-wrap route before I hit the water next time.

And, if you think the intake was bad, you ought to try a through hull exhaust! Put one on my buddy's ski, and forearms got TORN UP.

Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    If you think the current version of the Riva instructions are bad, you should have seen them in 2004. Literally, the instructions said "remove stock air intake." 4 hours later I made it to the next step
    Yeah I hear ya man. I def spent more time reading & guessing than working. These instructions def were not written for a "Newbie" like myself but I got it done. Thank goodness it's over!

Quote Originally Posted by jimboman View Post
    Yep, I glassed up my arm good getting the Riva intake on. I went with a FAT hoseclamp instead of tie-wraps / 5 mm bolts (how in the hell are you supposed to get those lined up anyway?). Will definitely go the tie-wrap route before I hit the water next time.

And, if you think the intake was bad, you ought to try a through hull exhaust! Put one on my buddy's ski, and forearms got TORN UP.
    Well I managed to get the 5mm bolts in & no it was no easy install; if you drop one consider it gone...Next time I remove the S/C I'll use zip ties instead of the bolts.

As for the thru-hull exhaust I think I'll pay the dealer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboman View Post
    (how in the hell are you supposed to get those lined up anyway?)
    2 people, a small mirror, and pretzel-shaped arms.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information