Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top speed

+1

Top speed

New top speed today. Temp: 75, wind: calm, water: boat wake chop.
    67.8 Fuel: 1 Bar. This is my fastest top speed so far. Crossed paths with Tom4416 today on Lake Anna. It was good talking to you.
    Jimmy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    New top speed today. Temp: 75, wind: calm, water: boat wake chop.
    67.8 Fuel: 1 Bar. This is my fastest top speed so far. Crossed paths with Tom4416 today on Lake Anna. It was good talking to you.
    Jimmy
    Good speed! What is the elevation of Lake Anna? I live on Smith Mountain Lake and we are at 800ft. My friend just bought an Ultra but hasn't seen past 64.5mph yet! His ski does come out of the hole pretty good, but seems to flatten out from 50mph and up. He has the LX wedge installed. If you get up here this summer send me a PM and I will give you my phone number and let you try out my RaceTech GTX (0-60 in 3.24 seconds!). Also, I will be getting my Ultra around June 1st. I recently had surgery and I can't ride anything until then. Too bad, this is the love of my life and I am dying watching my friends zip by my house every 15 minutes.

+1
    Another guy (From this forum) I met on the lake today had the wedge installed on his 250x. He said it was worth about 1.5 mph on top end. Mine seems to be getting a little faster as it gets more hours on it. I'm not sure about the elevation of Lake Anna but I think it's about 150 ft or so. This guy's 250x also was over filled with oil and he said he got about 4 ounces or so out of the intercooler. I think a lot of this talk about oil in the intercooler causing decreased performance is a lot of hoopla about nothing. He said after cleaning the intercooler he had absolutely no increase is speed so I'm guessing it makes little or no difference. Mine was also slightly over filled when I bought it but I had no oil in the intercooler.

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar

Top Speed

Well friday was out with a fellow board member on a private lake and right after I put my 5th hour of breakin on it ran a 68.4 on GPS. 68degrees pretty flat water and a HALF A TANK OF FUEL!!! Was out on Potomac River today with another board member 75degrees choppy(with tons of debris) and got 68.1 with halftank. Next weekend will be testing of the second plate that Jim from Performance has tweeked, so I'm aiming for 70+ out of it.

+1
    Have you done any mods to you ski?

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Wedge, Riva 2nd exhaust delete, Riva sponsons, Hydroturf seat cover, Odi grips...Just afew things

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    What is the elevation of Lake Anna?
    I'm pretty sure it's somewhere between 250-300ft

+1

Ran an RXP

Was called out by an RXP yesterday. From a dead stop the Ultra took a two boat lead but he did catch me and pulled away slightly. Then we encountered a few boats traveling in the opposite direction in the river and I retook the lead. He couldn't keep it hooked up while I had a constant pull. We then stopped and talked and he indicated that he had a few modifications. He was running a Riva air intake system, a Solas prop and a ride plate and that it was his first run with the modifications. I neeeed the same modifications for my Ultra. I ran 66.57 MPH on a third tank of gas. My dream-o-meter showed 70 MPH, 7840 RPM, 72 degree air temp, 50 something water temp, 330 lb rider sitting on the back section of the seat. Where is the Rev limiter set?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Where is the Rev limiter set?[/quote]

8100 rpm

Hello , I'm a new guy here, I just bought my 250 Ultra. I was told that the coast guard sets a limit on top speeds of PWCs so that they can get Coast guard approved, I was told that there is a governor on this ski that limits it to 68 MPH & all you have to do is bypass it,,,,, Does anyone know if this is true?????????? It all sounds so simple to me , (as I know the GSXR 1000 has the same thing in it,& all it took was a 65 OHM resistor in the right place to get another 1000 rpm.)
    Hodge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information