Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone Bolt on a RXP manifold...

Anyone here bolt on a stock RXP manifold with stock intercooler in a GTX?
    I know you`ll need a few things. I thought there was some concern about the temperature sensor being different. is the 2005 sensor the same electrical connection as the 04 sensor?...PR...

YellowJacket's done it, works fine so PM him. I tried it with my 03, but the sensor connectors are different and the computer didn't like the jerry-rigged version. It would run like an 215 hp RXT then switch back to 185 GTX after a few minutes. Everything was calibrated with BUDS and worked great when it worked, but the intake had to go back to its original owner

yea ive done it took her out sat & every thing work out fine i have a 03 gtxsc with a 05 rxp intake & i/c with the rxp ecu & matching TB had 2 change 1 plug in from my old intake 2 the rxp intake so my wireing would plug in

PR, I've been told by JD1 that since yours is an 04 it's a direct swap, connectors are the same.
    Tried siliconing in the 03 sensor and that worked but the fuel pump couldn't keep up. Didn't get to try the full setup after the fuel pump swap, cause the intake had to go bye-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by gtxsc03 View Post
    PR, I've been told by JD1 that since yours is an 04 it's a direct swap, connectors are the same.
    Tried siliconing in the 03 sensor and that worked but the fuel pump couldn't keep up. Didn't get to try the full setup after the fuel pump swap, cause the intake had to go bye-bye.
    I`m not understanding this, what does the fuel pressure have to do with the intake swap ? My ski is stock except for a thru hull and UMI steering now...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I`m not understanding this, what does the fuel pressure have to do with the intake swap ? My ski is stock except for a thru hull and UMI steering now...PR...
    OK, this is what I discovered: The 2004 AT sensor and the 2005 AT sensor are different! NOT the same connector, but the manifolds have the same threads and sealing washer design... so you could just swap them over and it`s done!...

is there anything else I should be aware of?
    are the stock IC coolant hoses from a 2005 going to work?...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    OK, this is what I discovered: The 2004 AT sensor and the 2005 AT sensor are different! NOT the same connector, but the manifolds have the same threads and sealing washer design... so you could just swap them over and it`s done!...

is there anything else I should be aware of?
    are the stock IC coolant hoses from a 2005 going to work?...PR...
    yep & yep had 2 route the hoses a little different on my 03 but it work

Sorry for the confusion, I was assuming (yeah I know) that you would reuse the 04 sensor since you already had it. Mine didn't work because there were was two separate issues.
    1) The 03 sensor won't thread into the 05 RXP/RXT manifold.
    2) The fuel pump couldn't keep up because of the RXP s/c gears, ECU, 4" intake and exhaust mods. Swapped in the RXP fuel pump, now it's happy!
    BTW, my 03 GPS'd 67.1 mph @ 7800rpm without the intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by gtxsc03 View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, I was assuming (yeah I know) that you would reuse the 04 sensor since you already had it. Mine didn't work because there were was two separate issues.
    1) The 03 sensor won't thread into the 05 RXP/RXT manifold.
    2) The fuel pump couldn't keep up because of the RXP s/c gears, ECU, 4" intake and exhaust mods. Swapped in the RXP fuel pump, now it's happy!
    BTW, my 03 GPS'd 67.1 mph @ 7800rpm without the intercooler.
    Yeah, I will reuse the 2004 sensor, it`ll thread right in, tried it yesterday! ...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    yep & yep had 2 route the hoses a little different on my 03 but it work
    any pics?...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information