Clarekesville GA

Another First Ride Report

OK..... my comparisons are to the FX HO 2006. This is my first Kawi, Iíve had a total of 5 Yamahaís including the FX. We took the ski to lake Hartwell and put 3.5 hours on the hour meter. We rode about 70 miles never getting over 6K RPMs. The ski is heavy but it seems to handle well. The Ultra takes waves a little better than the FX which was a selling point for my bad back. On plane you can tell that more of the hull is out of the water on the FX. I plan on installing the wedge at 10 hours and am hoping that will help. The Ultraís seat is not as comfortable as the FX. The FX is smoother sounding and doesnít vibrate like the Ultra (anyone experience excessive vibration?). I like the FX reverse much better but the Ultraís reverse is better that the Sea Doo. I realize that once I get use to the Ultraís reverse this may not be an issue. I am hoping that the power of the Kawi overshadows the afore mentioned issues. Other than power I think the FX has an edge on the Ultra. If Yamaha drops in a few more horses, a supercharger, and has better fuel economy the Ultra will have serious competition. Overall I think Iíll like the Ultra except for the fuel economy. I donít mind paying the price but 90 octane is very hard to come by in the North GA mountains. Iím REALLY looking forward to WOT, the ski looks great and not much larger than the FX (Whale??). By the way, I still have a great 2003 GP1300R in fantastic condition and tons of extrasÖ.. price reduced $500. I had to spend 10K on a new roof and need to sell ASAP. Mike
    Last edited by mtench; 04-23-2007 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Greenville, SC

Thumbs up Lake Hartwell

Hey mtench, Kristy and I usually put both of our Ultras in at River Forks in Lake Hartwell. That is off I-85 at exit 14 on the SC side. Where do you put in? Is it anywhere close to us? Would like to find other Ultra riders, but have not found any on Lake Hartwell yet. We have been riding our Ultras in Lake Hartwell since Feb. 23, 2007. We now have @14 hrs on our skis.

Let me know if you want to ride sometime.

Clarekesville GA
    We may be riding this weekend. Hartwell is new to us so we have been trying out different ramps. We have used Tugalo State Park, HarberLight Marina and last weekend Hart State Park. E-mail me at work or at home at Typically we ride on Lake Burton. I still have 1.5 hours to complete break in. Mike

Thread Information