Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battery tray

Battery tray

Anyone elses battery tray on their speedster crack near the spot the metal arm hooks into? I seem to be finding all the weak points on the boat and in a relatively short period of time, or maybe just bad dealer prep? I wouldnt even consider the lake I go to all that terribly rough, I cant imagine what would happen in some real chop. Like I said before though, if all I get are minor problems like this then I guess I will be happy.

I had repeated problems with the hold down on my 03 Sportster, I ended up buying a stainless steel tray and hold down, had to drill and tap some holes and put helicoils in for some stainless screws to hold the tray in place. A little bit of work, but never a problem again. My 05 hasn't had this problem, but appears to be the exact same tray and hold down design, however I have the hold down as it came when new; not quite tight, the battery can move slightly, this may be taking the pressure off of the hold down on the hard landings. Probably worth trying that before changing out the tray.

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterpimpin View Post
    Anyone elses battery tray on their speedster crack near the spot the metal arm hooks into? I seem to be finding all the weak points on the boat and in a relatively short period of time, or maybe just bad dealer prep? I wouldnt even consider the lake I go to all that terribly rough, I cant imagine what would happen in some real chop. Like I said before though, if all I get are minor problems like this then I guess I will be happy.
    Hmmm I thought mine looked like it had a bit but wasn't too sure. I ride in chop most of the time around Sarasota bay and of the coast of Siesta key.

Do you have a pic ?? I'll take a pick of mine and post it later.

Cheers

Lee

I will try and get a pic of it, but its quite obvious, the battery doesnt appear as though its going to just fall out though, but if I were to hit a big wave it probably would, and that concerns me.

After looking at it again and taking the pics , it looks more like the join to the hull rather than a crack of any sort.

My buddy says its always been like that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batt1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	22672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batt2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	22673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batt3.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	22674  

I am talking about the black plastic tray, thats what cracked on mine, right in the middle on the side facing the motor, and its definitly a crack cuz if you move the battery it looks like it will get bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterpimpin View Post
    I am talking about the black plastic tray, thats what cracked on mine, right in the middle on the side facing the motor, and its definitly a crack cuz if you move the battery it looks like it will get bigger.

Hmm my tray is fine. I'll keep an eye on it and see if anything appears

I called my dealer finally and told em about the battery tray and speaker grill flying off, the guy I was talking to started laughing (maybe I told it in a comical way lol) and said the service manager would have to get back to me, so although I think it should be covered under warranty we will have to see if the dealer stands behind it.

Sea Doo Quality.......

gremlins continue into the the new 4-tech boats. Over the years, there has
    always been something. The thought of a battery moving around loose is a
    little scarey. Considering what kind of moves these boats are capable of, you
    would think the battery box would be beefier. As far as the laughing dealer,
    not so funny. You could just fix it yourself.

I very well may do that, I have fixed all the other issues myself, and this doesnt seem a hard thing to fix, though interestingly enough I took it out on the lake with it cracked and drove like I normally do checking it every now and then and it never cracked further or appeared to be coming loose. All but one of my seat cushions has broken loose from the stupid and very badly designed door panel style clips, but I have found a better solution in heavy duty velcro.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information