+1

computer problems...maybe virus?

Ok well like about a week ago my friend IMs me with this link to myspace and I clicked it not thinking because I was talking to like 5 people. Then he IMs be telling me don't open it, its a virus and I know a download thing came up, but I was talkin to so many people and doing so much I'm not sure if I opened it or not... I checked my computer for viruses using Norton Internet Security and then scanned my computer again for spyware using Spybot Search And Destroy, but came up with nothing. Now all of a sudden some one keeps attacking my computer and I don't think their attacks are gettin through, but its just annoying cuz they do it every few minutes using different ip addresses...Today when I get online(I have netzero "high speed" dail up) AIM works and so does yahoo, but msn messenger wouldn't connect and I couldn't view any webpages. So I finally have gotten it to somewhat work. I went into tool and internet options, then connections and made sure that netzero was the default and for some reason the number(not sure if doing all that has to do with ne thing but it kinda helped) that I dail to was 2222 so I changed it and suddenly it worked, but the high speed accelerater isnt working so internet is slower than it normally is. Any one know what my problem could be and how to fix this? Also everytime I connect whatever changes I made to internet options they don't save so I have to redo it. thanks.

you already have the virus it the settings wont stay changed. the only way to get rid of the virus is to reformat the hard drive and in some cases it wont help.my 02

+1
    hmmm. Well today I was messing round with it and tried a few things. I went ahead and unblocked the ip addresses that were used to attack me and I guess when I went to block em I must of typed in the ip I use to connect to my isp and right when i did that and reconnected everything worked. Funny how sometimes simple things can fixed a confusing problem lol.

it is better than buying a new hard drive.

Thread Information