Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

Please Help Sirius Satellite Radio Install?

I have a clarion M455A Marine Radio/CD Player with auxillary inputs in the back of the radio. I want to hook up a Sirius Satellite Millenia Marine Plug and play unit to the auxillary jacks in the back of the clarion radio so I don't have to use the FM modulator and get better sound quality. My question is where is the best place to hook up the power wires to? Can i just splice them into the wires that are for the accesory plug on my dash? And if so will it be ok to have the satellite radio on at the same time I have my air pump on to blow up a tube? I just don't wanna be blowing the accesory fuse when I'm on the water. Thanks for any info...

Holdnon72-----I have essentially the same boat, an 05 Sportster SCIC and just installed the same radio with the Sirius Satellite module.

I ran a power wire directly to the battery. I installed an amp for the speakers so the direct power to the battery was needed.

I then installed a power distribution block to the battery line so that I was easilly able to connect multiple accessories to the power line.

For the ground I used the factory ground in the compartment just behind the stereo.

Hope this helps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by holdnon72 View Post
    I have a clarion M455A Marine Radio/CD Player with auxillary inputs in the back of the radio. I want to hook up a Sirius Satellite Millenia Marine Plug and play unit to the auxillary jacks in the back of the clarion radio so I don't have to use the FM modulator and get better sound quality. My question is where is the best place to hook up the power wires to? Can i just splice them into the wires that are for the accesory plug on my dash? And if so will it be ok to have the satellite radio on at the same time I have my air pump on to blow up a tube? I just don't wanna be blowing the accesory fuse when I'm on the water. Thanks for any info...
    Sirius sells an antennae kit that goes between the vehicle antennae and the input to sirius. When u turn on the receiver it cuts off the car antennae and streams a crytsal clear signal into the radio. No power needed, just an in-line piece of hardware. I think they are only $20 too.

Got one in wifey's car and it works great.

Thread Information