Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    JUST NORTH OF CUBA-- FL,KEYS
    Posts
    2,556
    +1
    39

    Question Restricter In Return Line From Carbs?

    what happens if i take the restricter out of the fuel return line ?
    is it needed to keep fuel psi up?
    i am changes hoses now and dont want to mess up my ski(lean)
    thanks all


  2. #2
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    It is needed to create pressure. Leave it in. Fuel pumps create flow restrictions convert flow into pressure.
    No restrictor=
    Last edited by beerdart; 04-25-2007 at 10:44 AM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    281
    at this stage in the game and most of the other members here you should install the super cure all 780 fuel pump. Keep the old lines on the unit this pump will keep that unit running. Its better to replace the 60.00 fuel pump upgrade than the 15.00 lines.

  4. #4
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    what happens if i take the restricter out of the fuel return line ?
    is it needed to keep fuel psi up?
    i am changes hoses now and dont want to mess up my ski(lean)
    thanks all
    Yes, reuse the restrictor in the return line to the tank. It should be located close to the carbs, however, I think the 92 &93 may have it in the carb.

  5. #5
    Refresh my memory, what size (id) should it be?

    Aaron

  6. #6
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by 4stroker View Post
    at this stage in the game and most of the other members here you should install the super cure all 780 fuel pump. Keep the old lines on the unit this pump will keep that unit running. Its better to replace the 60.00 fuel pump upgrade than the 15.00 lines.
    As I recall everybody has stated to replace the lines (including those that enter the tank, if applicable), fuel switch, and any other restrictions found within the system. As a matter of fact most of us look for tygon or better, my guess is you prefer that grey stuff that likes to break down with certain additives..........
    The triple outlet pump kit is roughly 35 bucks, some prefer that of the high flow 780. It's our money and if we want to better protect our craft, where's the problem?
    Don't be a sour-puss because everyone doesn't agree with you, you're starting to sound like that dumb ass John Thole.
    We know you're smarter than that, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one little point. Besides, my Mikuni stock has gone waaay up.

  7. #7
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSAaron View Post
    Refresh my memory, what size (id) should it be?

    Aaron
    .018" according to Beerdarts post in a past thread.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    As I recall everybody has stated to replace the lines (including those that enter the tank, if applicable), fuel switch, and any other restrictions found within the system. As a matter of fact most of us look for tygon or better, my guess is you prefer that grey stuff that likes to break down with certain additives..........
    The triple outlet pump kit is roughly 35 bucks, some prefer that of the high flow 780. It's our money and if we want to better protect our craft, where's the problem?
    Don't be a sour-puss because everyone doesn't agree with you, you're starting to sound like that dumb ass John Thole.
    We know you're smarter than that, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one little point. Besides, my Mikuni stock has gone waaay up.
    It is not a sour puss issue. Let me explain it in an a term you can understand because most other memebers do. I just don't see why you push for a mod and blame it on the wrong part to be the blame.

    If an engine goes lean you claim the fuel pump upgrade will solve the issue so you recommend it to everyone in tons yes tons of posts. But weather you ride Sea Doo, Yamaha, Or Kawi. If the motor goes lean the other forms dont recomend installing the 780 pump. That is all that is meant by all the pump discussions. Give good clear help and the answers and the newbbie will praise you ph20. Lets work to give good info not just blame things on a fuel pump for a watercraft that only goes about 50mph. And and has about 70hp.

  9. #9
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by 4stroker View Post
    If an engine goes lean you claim the fuel pump upgrade will solve the issue so you recommend it to everyone in tons yes tons of posts.
    It's not just the pump as I've also stated in TONS of posts. You even quoted it in post #8
    You're reasoning and inability to understand what we're doing is wrong but you win stroker, get rid of your chefs hat and start helping over here.
    DING, I'm done.

  10. #10
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by 4stroker View Post
    Give good clear help and the answers and the newbbie will praise you ph20.
    I don't need any praise, that's not what this site is about, maybe you don't understand that yet either.
    I like to help where I can because somebody helped me and I always thought it was important to give back.

    This site is about everybody helping everybody, a place you can find some actual information for the Polaris PWC. Guys that will make parts and decals because they aren't affordable or available anymore.
    There are guys on this board that will travel miles to assist others with their problems. They will burn up their precious cell phone minutes to help a Polaris Brother in their time of frustration.

    What have you done for the board other than mimic and insult people, Burger man??
    You wanna help? Do something positive to help us out and leave the ass clown remarks in your place of business.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ISO 95 jet for mikuni return line restriction mod
    By Speed Life in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 02:56 PM
  2. '94 SLT 750 air in return line
    By kdxsam in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 04:17 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 10:33 PM
  4. SL 750 carbs With front return line??
    By chevypv in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 09:45 PM
  5. fuel return line restriction?
    By anrkii in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •