+1

Looking at GPS's At Staples

Can u tell me which one to go with please i really dont know much about them and i dont want to spend over 200
    heres a link thanks

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...&cmArea=SEARCH

If this is for your car then maybe. But if you are looking for a gps for your rxp go to walmart.com and order an etrex by garmin. They are cheap and the best gps's that I have ever used. They have all of the tools and functions that we need for our skis. Charlie

+1
    If youre looking for a gps for speed runs id go with the garmin forerunner 201.I picked mine up on ebay for $100 shipped. Its waterproof and mounts to handlebars with included velcro strap.I wave jump with it and it doesnt come loose.

If youre looking for navigation as well as speed.The garmin etrex series is good. I have the etrex vista, picked it up on ebay new for $180 shipped. Its a bit bulky.When i use it on my ski i just velcro it to the glove box lid.but that is only for speed runs.the velcro wont hold it on for jumping. Alot of people on the forum have come up with creative ways to mount the etrex's.

When i use them both at same time for speed runs.Theyre usually about 2/10ths of a mph apart in thier readings,which isnt bad.

+1
    Garmin® Etrex Legend® GPS System

Basic Handheld Outdoor GPS with mapping
    • 2.1"H x 1.1"W, high-contrast LCD screen
    • 1,000 way points (with name and graphic symbol)
    • Follow your route, marking up to 50 waypoints; find your way back with Garmin's exclusive TracBack™ feature This is great if you go in and out of fingers or on long trips. It has helped me get back and not get lost. It was worth the $50.00 more than some of the other units.
    • 8MB internal memory
    • Compatible with MapSource CD ROMs
    http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...&cmArea=SEARCH

+1
    Sorry to tell you guys. I have a $100 plus credit there. Thats why staples. I just dont know what else to purchase there.

+1
    Wow, staples are steep with thier prices. Even with your credit youre looking at $50 to $70 out of your own pocket.With what they have to offer for $200 or less. It would either be the etrex legend or the forerunner 201.

I bought my etrex vista first, then the forerunner 201. I personally prefer the forerunner for ease of use, can just pull it off and let someone else strap it on thier ski to do speed runs.It doesnt have navigation,but it does have elevation,tracks distance,max speed,current speed,time of day.

If it were me.I'd use the store credit to buy something from staples that i can flip on ebay for what i paid or close to it(i.e computer memory) Then buy the gps off ebay at a 40-50% discount off retail. Thats just me,im a cheap bastard.

There are deals to be had on ebay. 2 months ago i bought a new(in the box) pet-2100dx for $112 shipped and the next day a new(in the box)pet-2500 for a starting bid of $100 and $8 shipping(noone else bid)guess they didnt know it was a $400 tach!!!($350 through jerry's store).

+1
    i would like someting with mapping. from point a to b .

Thread Information