Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

BPR loss at $20.3 Million

This is from an April 22 news story. Kind of sad news for BRP.

VALCOURT, Que. — Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. reported Friday that falling revenues coupled with an emboldened Canadian dollar more than doubled its fourth-quarter loss to $20.3-million from $9.7-million in the year-ago period.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...Story/Business

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    That must be the result of a MASSIVE offensive in investments that didn't yield much profit due to the fact they were aimed at a market that is slowly but surely dying.

I think the Japanese OEMs have been very cautious, exploiting as many existing ressources as they could to stick to the PWC market at low cost but I am afraid that very soon our sport will die.

Hopefully to reborn in a new, sportier form.

+1
    I thought about you when I posted this. I thought, hmm maybe I shouldn't post this and give 11 yet another reason to pick on sea doo.. lol

+1
    Honnestly not picking, SD has been investing a lot, creating lots of new models, but our market is dying, Kawasaki, Honda and Yamaha don't even invest in PWCs in spite of a level of technology that is tremendously superior to BRP's.

And they make planes, submarines, missiles, battletanks and other high tech products, they just don't bother with PWCs anymore since there's not enough money to be made.

I am pretty sure that's why the 15F SC is still a dream or why Yamaha sticks to mixing and matching what they got.

+1
    BRP let the old parent company, Bombardier, foot the bill for the new R&D that went into their products prior to the breakup. Now that the recreational product division is entirely its own company, R&D has come to a screeching halt. The new hulls and 4-stroke engines were a product of the former company. BRP's investment in PWC has been the 3D, which just isn't selling the way they hoped it would. A lot of qualified people have been let go and the main base of operations has been moved back to Canada. If the BRP Evinrude (w/new E-tec 2 stroke engines) and Johnson outboards don't sell well, the company is going to be in poor shape. BRP owns the PWC market with well over a 40% share, but will this be enough to keep their head above water ?

Richard

Our lake is over populated with seadoos (new 4-tecs), declining sales...not here on SML in VA

+1
    Yes but Bomby spent LOTS of payola in developing their new range and their sales don't meet their expectations, especially the 3D.

+1
    BRP should get rid of Evinrude/Johnson and put their development dollars into 4 wheelers. They are still way behind in that area.
    In Canada they own 90% of the personal watercraft market. Now that Polaris is gone they will probably have 95%.
    You don't see many of the Japanese machines up here and you can't even buy a Honda here.
    My understanding is that they have closer to 70% of the market in the states for PWC.
    They are #1 in sled sales, #1 in pwc sales, way behind in 4 wheelers and not even on the radar in outboards.

+1
    The 3D was a HUGE miss.

Skidoo is not #1 in Colorado. Polaris owns the market here with the RMK.

+1
    Bombadier really screwed up aquiring OMC. The FICHT motor was the flop for OMC. They thought they were buying cutiing edge technology, instead they bought ideas that have proven to fail and the FICHT is the prime example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information