Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RIVA V ROTAX ECU for a b-kit

Has anyone tried the RIVA ECU with B-KIT?
    How does it compare with the rotax????

+1
    very good question, I just hope the answer does not make me spend more money

I am having a difficult time deciding what to get. One the one hand the Rotax is proven. I am topld it has aggressive curves and it revs to 8600 rpms. On the other hand the RIVA only revs to 8400 rpms, but it does not need fuel mapping (which I like). Also the riva stage III boats are putting up numbers around 80+. Well I have everything the stage III has plus more! and I have a b-kit which means more boost, so I would think the ecu should make me faster???.......Mabye

+1
    if you're looking for faster get the RR ECU that goes to 8600. If you're looking for reliability and no fuel controller go with RIVA. Either way you should get the valve train upgraded.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by idizzy View Post
    Has anyone tried the RIVA ECU with B-KIT?
    How does it compare with the rotax????
    When i switched my Rotax (4502) ECU and 42lbs/hrs injectors set up for the Riva ECU and 50' injectors with the Riva S3 SC (NOT) with the B kit i noticed an increase in acceleration and midrange power also the infamous surge, rough idle and premature fouled plugs that almost everybody are talking about with the Rotax and 42's injectors set up do to a over rich condition in the low end was gone after i put the Riva ECU also believet or not you would get more fuel economy @ cruising speeds (perfect for long rides) and a extra bonus, you don't have to mess with fuel controlers to achieve a perfect A/F ratio

[quote=JFizzleJR;265676]if you're looking for faster get the RR ECU that goes to 8600.

As far as i know the Riva ECU rev limiter is set @ 8600 as well, also if the Rotax ECU is more faster than Riva's like you said, then how can you explain to me why board member (chezzy) from Florida is running between 82 and 83 MPH with his Riva stage 3 RXP huh?? this last weekend durring our local drag race event i raced a moded 03 GTX with my stage 3 RXT, after the race the guy told me that i beat him by over 2 to 3 skis lenghts more than the other moded RXT that raced him before me, for your information the other moded RXT was running a Les Cooke B kit, Rude fuel controler, 50 lbs/hrs injectors and a Rotax Racing ECU, he bought all this parts a few months back from my buddy Israel Padilla.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    jerry back to back tested them previously i believe right after he got back from his visit to Riva and he got to test an ECU... Rotax Racing had an edge, especially up top when the timing gets pulled out of the Riva ECU but not on the Rotax ECU

pretty sure that's how it went down

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Ray... i dont mean to be critical, but all your results and testing means nothing... ok yea the Riva stage 3 kicks ass... yes the ECU gives you power, it's supposed to! no kidding the skis supposed to run those speeds

but that's not answering the question... you can't make the claim that a Riva ECU is better than a Rotax Racing 4501 ECU... just bc two skis raced and one list... too many variables.

needs to be tested on the same ski, same waters, same day, back to back both ECUs.

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    yes I think jerry's test had Rotax at about 1-1.5 Mph faster without re-reading the post which is located here

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=riva+test

Note the riva ECU rev limit is 8600 also

In that test Jerry ran the RIVA at 8400 compared to the RR at 8550. What would the RIVA do at 8550 compared to the RR at 8550. There may be a difference, but is it more then 1/2 a mile? I might be willing to give up 1/2 a mile for the ease and saftey of the RIVA. .....mabye

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information