Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Planning a "Sleeper" Genesis project

I currently own a 1999 Genesis 1200cc or should I say 1156cc (I think that's right), and I haven't ridden it in a couple years. I took it out a couple days of ago and for some reason I just wasn't as satisfied with her speed and acceleration as I used to be. OOUUUCCCHHHH!!!! Oh no, this is not good guys. I just got bit. That **** mod. bug bit me again on yet another vehicle. I would like to buy up some parts and save up some money and during fall and winter do a complete overhaul and increase acceleration and top speed, without having to switch to an octane greater than what I can buy at the gas station (93). I do about 50% of my riding on a local lake and the other 50% of the time I head to the beach and ride some saltwater. I have been searching up and down any forum I could find from PWCToday (which wasn't the most welcoming) to here where everyone seems a little more helpful. I have been looking into some parts already available such as impellers, flame arrestors, impellers, oh wait, did I say that already? well, I guess that's pretty much all that is currently available. So I realize I am looking at doing quite a bit of custom work, which I don't mind at all. Nothing like owning a one of a kind "sleeper" . So what kind of combinations would some of you suggest or know would work well. I'm open for all kinds of suggestions, but let's remember there is such thing as a stupid suggestion. "hey man, you know what would be cool? drop in a supercharged LS6 in the hull and run two seperate driveshafts and put in two jet propulsion systems. That thing would haul-a$$." I would like to go ahead and start adding parts that won't necessarily require much time with the engine removed. I would like to reserve internal engine modification and the paint shop for when it's colder. But I would still like to go ahead and plan what would be going in and prepare in advance so I'm not repeating the same mods over and over. I would like to thank anyone in advance for their suggestions.

I guess some more specific questions would be nice. What combinations would work well together; impeller, flame arrestors, head porting, boring the cylinders, larger carbs or just bore the current 40mm's? Is there currently a triple pipe system available, if so is it worth the money. I couldn't find a company who made intake grates, so would it be worth the money to find someone who could machine something one-off? Where do these engines have the most room for improvement, without giving it the temperment of a funny car? I topped out in the past at about 55mph. I never timed acceleration, so don't know numbers there. I would definately like some drastically improved acceleration and if possible bump top end to about 65 or higher if possible. I am brand new to this forum and modding on watercraft. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Banned User
    Not many, if any, have a Genesis. But I'm guessing a conversion to carburetion (if it's EFI), and a nice set of triple pipes would get some things done for you. This is the more expensive mod you can make.

Another option is Recreational porting of the cylinders, done by Sharp's marine, and/or some 92 octane domes.
    While this may not increase the speed much, it'll give you more punch on bottom and mid-range.

+1
    SCX Welcome to the Hulk. There is plenty that can be done to the domestic 1200 pipes, bore stroke etc. The domestics are not my thing I am more of the high strung Fuji type but plenty on the boards will chime in. Here is a good read to give you ideas.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=list+mods%2A

I know someone that has some triple pipes in his Genesis, actually has some virage pipes or SLTX pipes and had to add/bend some pipe to make it all fit......might be lots of work....Going 65 might be behind your truck. talk to randy at watcon...getting those things to go 60 is a huge accomplishment.
    JOE

+1
    I guess the first question would be is it injected or carbureted, they had both in 99.
    If it's carbureted, you have a lot you can do. If it's Injected you basically have a ride plate, wedge and a couple of other things. Let us know what you own.

Oh and WELCOME to the green Hulk Forums!! Where owning a Polaris is a GREAT thing!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXtrmSnwNWtr View Post
    larger carbs or just bore the current 40mm's?
    I think it's carbed??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I think it's carbed??
    Right you are.
    Buddy get your checkbook ready, tell us what you want to spend.

I really appreciate you guys responses. That is exactly the kind of information I have been looking for. I do have the carburated 1200, and I will definately be doing some rec porting and probably going with some 92 octane domes. I will have to save up for the triples. In regards to what you were saying Joe. I guess I kinda already expected that I would be overshooting with 65. I just figured with me already topping out at 55 that maybe there was some area for improvement in regards to top speed, that not many people knew about. But I am completely satisfied with a much improved acceleration. I guess I was just hoping I could have my cake and eat it too. Oh well.

+1
    I guess if it were mine, I'd mod the heads (change the squish and compression), mild cylinder port (depending on bucks-go larger cc's), reeds, alter carbs for you mods, flame arrestors, impeller change of course (no guesses until you decide what mods you're going top perform).
    Anyway that's a start. You really need to decide how far and how much you feel like spending. Stay here and we'll spend your bucks for you. LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information