Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help with riva exhaust installation

Well I am just about done installing the Riva rear exhaust and Im confused. First question is what does the small rubber hose do that is connected to the exhaust that comes out? This hose comes from the motor to a hose fitting........Second, the hose fitting was plugged solid with sand, what does this mean? Being Im not sure what that hose does or is for I dont know what was happening by it being plugged. Lastly, the barbed fitting on the new exhaust.................is that hose supposed to connect to the hose fitting on the new exhaust? If so it is not long enough..........
    Last edited by catchme; 04-27-2007 at 08:32 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by catchme View Post
    Well I am just about done installing the Riva rear exhaust and Im confused. First question is what does the small rubber hose do that is connected to the exhaust that comes out? This hose comes from the motor to a hose fitting........Second, the hose fitting was plugged solid with sand, what does this mean? Being Im not sure what that hose does or is for I dont know what was happening by it being plugged. Lastly, the barbed fitting on the new exhaust.................is that hose supposed to connect to the hose fitting on the new exhaust? If so it is not long enough..........
    Yes that small rubber hose connects to the barb fitting on the thru hull its cools the tip and kills some of the noise of the exhaust mainly the noise killer the sand means that you have ingested an ASSLOAD of sand water is supose to be flowing through there.

+1
    If the hose was long enough to reach your stock exhaust tip location it is long enough to reach the barbed fitting on the Riva exhaust. You just have to route the hose differently.

It doesnt seem like that hose will reach to that fitting.......And when we put the tube on that barbed fitting kinda wedged itself into the foam in the back of the ski, does that get trimmed out? lastly if I injested that much sand, what should I do to flush the system and make sure I dont have it plugged anywhere else? The sand was plugged in there to where i really dotn think water pressure would have cleaned it out.
    I flush the ski after all rides and have never had any probelms with it. i guess i should clean the intercooler too. How do you do that?

+1
    You don't have to trim the foam. Just rotate the exhaust pipe to the correct position and it fits perfecty.

How to clean an intercooler:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15167

You may want to consider running a water strainer to prevent clogs from happening
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=451

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You don't have to trim the foam. Just rotate the exhaust pipe to the correct position and it fits perfecty.
    jerry, i had to trim my foam, the pipe is rotated perfectly to...no biggie though...

+1
    Really? I installed two of them over last few weeks (Sundaces ski and my new 07) and it went in with no trimming of the foam.

+1
    yeah i dunno, the waterbox is in oe spot and tilted just right to fit the contour of the hull, everything lined up perfectly except the water fitting was right in the foam....trim it who cares

Mine went in perfect

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_viper42 View Post
    Mine went in perfect
    maybe the 07s are different inside, i did notice why doing the washers on the 07 that the intake looks to be a little different and TB placement is also different, there is deff more room between the hull and intake than there is on my 04...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information