gp1400r carb issues pleas help

I am having a problem with the carbs dumping raw fuel out of the high speeds at idle.
    my boat is a 87mm gpr with factory triples, boost bottle, novi carbs, 3 high flow pumps, 170 comp, 110 fuel. i am currently running 190 mains 130 lows 2.3 n/s 115 spring w/ 20 pop off,

gp1400r jetting help

oops i was not finished. i am running a 130 return jet w 2 psi at 2000 rpm. I have been trying to dial it in and just can not get the fuel drip at low speed to go away. Is it because of the raised carb signal? any ideas or advise would be great........ Thanks Sam

Need 2 thottle arm return springs, Novis come with only 1 from them. The vibration of the engine sets off the thrlottle butterfly because of the light tension. Need 2 checks valves under each of the metering blocks. This is the 1/2 inch long clear flapper that is under the 1/2 moon pice that covers the jets.

What jetting are u running

Thanks for the info, I already have 2 springs, but I will pull carbs today and install extra check valves, jetting is 190m/ 130 L /2.3 n/s / 115 spring, 130 return, 1 turn high and low. Jetting seems really fat and I am only pulling 7700rpm with 900 deg ex temps. so i will rejet also. tomarrow is going to be 80 in chicago, cant wait to test agian Thanks sam

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fercho View Post
    Need 2 thottle arm return springs, Novis come with only 1 from them. The vibration of the engine sets off the thrlottle butterfly because of the light tension. Need 2 checks valves under each of the metering blocks. This is the 1/2 inch long clear flapper that is under the 1/2 moon pice that covers the jets.

What jetting are u running

What Fercho said is a great start.

How old are the N/Ss ? A fuel pressure gauge is almost mandatory when running those High flow pumps. The boost bottle can play havoc on tuning as well, most have gone to a Speedworks or modified Pro-Tec manifold. Whats the wash look like?

Last time out it was running real rich, down low all the way to the top. the piston are almost washed clean, egts read 900 or so on top at only 7700rpm and 850 mids. I have just installed the dual check valves in the fuel meters. I was running a 105 return on the fuel which gave me over 6psi wot and now have a 130 return to lower the fuel pressure, it now reads 2psi at 2000rpm before it was 3psi. hope these changes help, I am going to test agian tomarrow. thanks for the help guys. Sam

1 to go

Just got the carbs back on the gpr and the mag carb is still dripping. but the dual check valves did stop the dripping on the center carb that was leaking prior. Is it possible to run 3 check valves on one carb? Is it the mag side that drips because it is closest to the return jet?? any other ideas, it drips so bad at idle that the egt temps drop to 100 compared to the 400 on the other 2 cyls. Thanks Sam

Sam give me a ring 713-875-1812

Question

Hey there, Sorry to dredge up an old thread..... Ive just installed 44mm Novi's on a gpr and have exactly the same problem... but only on one carb! ive swapped the carb from one cylinder to the next with exactly the same result, and that is it that the carb runs soooo rich that it wont even fire! Ive put a whole new kit through the carb! Nothing!!! Any suggestions?

Both I and RayinJapan had this problem about a week ago. I dont know what to tell you. 44mm sound pretty small for a triple piper. You should start a new thread about it. I dont know how you would see down the carbs to know if its dripping or not?!

I have one of my pipes do this to me. One day at idle the first cyl was running cold and then the other day the #2 cyl was running cold. I can't explain it?!?

Thread Information