RXT drive shaft in GTX

Has anyone put a 06 RXT drive shaft in a GTX? I was told that the 06 will go in with out needing any other parts. They were wrong, the 06 shaft is a larger diameter than the GTX. After getting a new carbon seal, floating ring and bellows I discover that the bellows and carbon ring will not work on the GTX. Has anyone ran into this problem? If so what did you you do to get it to work?

+1
    You have to also get the bellows and carbon seal from the RXT.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You have to also get the bellows and carbon seal from the RXT.

I did, the bellows dose not fit on the GTX thru hull opening. 05 drive shaft will work but they discontinued them. I have the drive shaft in with the larger floating ring and GTX bellows and carbon seal. It all fits but with the larger diameter drive shaft there is not much room for play side to side in the carbon seal.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    no... just a driveshaft and wear ring..

use all the stock bellows, carbon seal, floating ring, everything... it's all the same.

just slide the RXT driveshaft in and it's all the same... only need a new wear ring.

i just did it to an 03 GTX SC ... two2curupt and 01xdime also did it.. and red devil also i believe

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Yup i put the RXT driveshaft right in with the stock GTX bellows, carbon seal, floating ring, and circlip. Used a stock RXT prop and wear ring. The only problem is with the thinner wear ring and the plastic pump from the 03 is the set screws don't have a lot of meat to hold them in so it's a PITA.

What year drive shaft did you use? I think the 05 will go in with no problems but the 06 is larger. The floating ring from the GTX would not fit on the 06 drive shaft. I got the 06 floating ring and everything fits, but there is not much room for play inside the carbon seal and the floating ring has a lot larger sealing surface than the 03 carbon ring. I gues I just need to get it in the water and make sure there is not any leaks. Thanks guys!

we put the rxt drive shaft in my 03 gtx with all the stock 03 parts carbon seal clip & so on it went right in also used a 04 rxt pump i dont know what year the shaft was but we bought it new last winter

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    i used the 05 driveshaft and had no problem.

What is the advantage of using the RXT driveshaft vs. the GTX shaft? More RPM's??? bigger props???? I am using the stock GTX driveshaft w/ an 06 RXP pump in it and the stock wear ring and impeller and I am turning 7650-7700 RPM's running 61-62 w/ only about 2/3 of the throttle down. Ski runs the same @ 2/3 throttle as wot, I was told I need a better prop-Solas, I dunno what you guys think? Yeah and thank you Hoovermaneuver for guiding me into the log Sunday afternoon that took about a foot of gel coat off the bottom of my boat and almost punctured it! We had a great time minus that the river had dropped about 10 feet from the week before and that dude ain't scared of nothing gonna cost me a couple hundred prolly to fix my boat though.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    u r on the rev limiter... add more pitch to that prop..

you want to see 7600 steady on that ski at WOT... maybe a blip of 7650 once in awhile

Thread Information