Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    bigrich007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    163

    Taking a GTX LTD SCIC to the next level

    Tested my newest upgrades to my stock 05 GTX LTD SCSI on the lake today. Add a Riva air filter and grate thanks to the help of my best friend Qbzonk. The acceleration was sick. Ripped you right out of the seat. RPMs went from 7940 to 8150 and top speeds went from 62.2 to 64.8 (GPS). Ski remained planted even in chop the rougher the better the ski performed. Is this what I should have expected? My next upgrade is the prop, any suggestion ? Will filling the ride plate holes make a different such a large ski?
    THK Big Rich


  2. #2
    wolfmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas- Houston
    Posts
    177
    Absolutely, everything you do adds up- a little at a time. (Check my signature)

  3. #3
    05GTXLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    453
    Sounds like you got some good speeds out of it. But it still sounds like you're running a little low for some reason. Either that or my machine is just a freak this year. I hit 65.2 on my GPS today with 1/4 tank, glass water, and I'm totally stock. Or the guys at the dealer snuck some mods in on me!

    I've been told filling the ride plate holes will find you another 1-2MPH. Just use some good epoxy, sand it as smooth as possible, and you'll be good to go.

  4. #4
    bigrich007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by 05GTXLTD View Post
    Sounds like you got some good speeds out of it. But it still sounds like you're running a little low for some reason. Either that or my machine is just a freak this year. I hit 65.2 on my GPS today with 1/4 tank, glass water, and I'm totally stock. Or the guys at the dealer snuck some mods in on me!

    I've been told filling the ride plate holes will find you another 1-2MPH. Just use some good epoxy, sand it as smooth as possible, and you'll be good to go.
    I guess i should note that I am 300+ pounds with a 1/2 tank of gas. The lake was very choppy. I think my speeds would be better on a smoother water, lower fuel and the Jenny Craig Mod.

  5. #5
    bigrich007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmad View Post
    Absolutely, everything you do adds up- a little at a time. (Check my signature)
    Wolf Man
    I understand all the mods except the MP3 hood mod. More details please. Sound interesting.

  6. #6
    05GTXLTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrich007 View Post
    I guess i should note that I am 300+ pounds with a 1/2 tank of gas. The lake was very choppy. I think my speeds would be better on a smoother water, lower fuel and the Jenny Craig Mod.
    ahhhhh yeah I'm somewhere between 180-185 and I was running with 1/4 tank of gas just outside a no wake zone with my speeds. So it makes sense. But I'd love to start tearing into the motor and hoppin it up. So keep going and tell me what you think of the mods. I'm not looking to break 100mph or anything like that, just something to pick up a few more mph.

  7. #7
    RustySeaRustyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay-Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    1,788
    Every little thing helps.

  8. #8
    bigrich007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    163
    I have found a 14/19r prop for sale the was on an 05 rxt will it fit an 05 gtx ltd????

  9. #9
    Not a 100% mind you but...that seems a bit tall for what you're running.

  10. #10
    bigrich007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Not a 100% mind you but...that seems a bit tall for what you're running.
    Would a Solas 14/17r prop be a better setup?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Taking SVHO FZR to the next level
    By ElJanooby77 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-09-2016, 11:52 AM
  2. Replies: 119
    Last Post: 02-06-2016, 06:25 AM
  3. Taking your MoTeC to the next level
    By desperado in forum Yamaha ECU Support
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 11-21-2015, 04:13 AM
  4. Liquid Militia Jumps to the Next Level: Gears Up for New Core Product Release
    By shawn alladio in forum High Performance Watercraft Safety
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
  5. Taking my Throttle body to the next level
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 06:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •