Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Taking a GTX LTD SCIC to the next level

Tested my newest upgrades to my stock 05 GTX LTD SCSI on the lake today. Add a Riva air filter and grate thanks to the help of my best friend Qbzonk. The acceleration was sick. Ripped you right out of the seat. RPMs went from 7940 to 8150 and top speeds went from 62.2 to 64.8 (GPS). Ski remained planted even in chop the rougher the better the ski performed. Is this what I should have expected? My next upgrade is the prop, any suggestion ? Will filling the ride plate holes make a different such a large ski?
    THK Big Rich

Absolutely, everything you do adds up- a little at a time. (Check my signature)

Sounds like you got some good speeds out of it. But it still sounds like you're running a little low for some reason. Either that or my machine is just a freak this year. I hit 65.2 on my GPS today with 1/4 tank, glass water, and I'm totally stock. Or the guys at the dealer snuck some mods in on me!

I've been told filling the ride plate holes will find you another 1-2MPH. Just use some good epoxy, sand it as smooth as possible, and you'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by 05GTXLTD View Post
    Sounds like you got some good speeds out of it. But it still sounds like you're running a little low for some reason. Either that or my machine is just a freak this year. I hit 65.2 on my GPS today with 1/4 tank, glass water, and I'm totally stock. Or the guys at the dealer snuck some mods in on me!

I've been told filling the ride plate holes will find you another 1-2MPH. Just use some good epoxy, sand it as smooth as possible, and you'll be good to go.
    I guess i should note that I am 300+ pounds with a 1/2 tank of gas. The lake was very choppy. I think my speeds would be better on a smoother water, lower fuel and the Jenny Craig Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmad View Post
    Absolutely, everything you do adds up- a little at a time. (Check my signature)
    Wolf Man
    I understand all the mods except the MP3 hood mod. More details please. Sound interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrich007 View Post
    I guess i should note that I am 300+ pounds with a 1/2 tank of gas. The lake was very choppy. I think my speeds would be better on a smoother water, lower fuel and the Jenny Craig Mod.
    ahhhhh yeah I'm somewhere between 180-185 and I was running with 1/4 tank of gas just outside a no wake zone with my speeds. So it makes sense. But I'd love to start tearing into the motor and hoppin it up. So keep going and tell me what you think of the mods. I'm not looking to break 100mph or anything like that, just something to pick up a few more mph.

Every little thing helps.

I have found a 14/19r prop for sale the was on an 05 rxt will it fit an 05 gtx ltd????

Not a 100% mind you but...that seems a bit tall for what you're running.

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Not a 100% mind you but...that seems a bit tall for what you're running.
    Would a Solas 14/17r prop be a better setup?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information