need help in removing mats

what can I use to remove the glue from the old mats(foot wells).I have tried Goofoff but does not seem to help.

pb blaster from walmart works freakin mircales!!! i was scrubing mine for 2 days with that goo gone bullsh*t. got a can of pb and did the entire ski in 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by mxl16 View Post
    pb blaster from walmart works freakin mircales!!! i was scrubing mine for 2 days with that goo gone bullsh*t. got a can of pb and did the entire ski in 30 minutes
    Thanks I will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by mxl16 View Post
    finaly found it after going to Walmart and Homedepot and back to Walmart again,did'nt know it was a penetrating lubricant.This stuff works good.
    After removing all the glue do I need to sand the foot wells or just the area where the mat lays or not sand at all.

i put some 2" masking tape down on the foot wells. placed the mats where i wanted them (you might need to tape them down to make sure they are flat and exactly where you want them) and traced them with a pencil. then i traced over the pencil lines with a razor and removed the tape where the mats would go. then lightly sand the area where the mats would make contact. i think i used 200 grit. once everything is sanded, remove all of the tape and wash the whole ski down. make sure theres no dirt or anything in the footwells. then begin to lay your mats down. did u get the peel and stick? if you got the peel and stick it is not hard at all. just peel a little bit at a time, go slow and make sure you are straight. ive never done it the other way so im not sure how to go about doing it that way.

Just some FYI - PB Blaster also kicks major ass for bolts (well, what it's meant for). And it works even better when you give it 5 min to sit and work. It's surprised me a few times in the past

As far as the footwell mats....if they are peel and stick (I don't remember, it's been 10yrs), then you don't want to sand the ski. Anything peel and stick works best when the mating surface is very clean and *slick* (smooth). Clean with rubbing alcohol or wax/grease remover and don't put your hands on it.
    I think Hydro-turf uses a glue though, right?

Banned User
    +1
    if you use contact cement from a quart can, get a cheapo disposable brush and put a thin coat on both the ski and the mat...allow it to tack up for 2-3 minutes, then SLOWLY line it up and lay it down...Use something round and smooth, like a chunk of 2-3" PVC tube about 3-4 inches wide, and smooth it out...

and one mat at a time!

Thread Information