Thread: Hour meter

Hour meter

Hello all. Traded in my 05 155 sportster for the 215 150 Speedster. Quick question about the hour meter. It was reading 2 hours and we stopped for a while to visit friends. When we started back up the meter was back to 0. Is this normal for these boats. When I had an RXP it keep the hours all on the meter. Any advice about this this would be greatly appreciated.

mine did the same thing and continues to do it, I have no idea why but it has gone up and down in hours at least 5 times so far, some kind of glitch im sure but id rather it do that then read say double the hours lol.

Tahnx for the reply. I will see what the service dept says about it. Maybe they will be able get it to keep the hours on it.

I've had my 150 for nearly four months now, and live on a lake in FL, so it gets used a lot. The first several hours went by very slowly, and usually when it reached the next hour, when I started it the next day, it was back on the previous hour, but just for a bit. I have no explanation for it going backwards, must be an averaging formula at work in there, but I can tell you that when you get out of break-in and are running the engine at a higher RPM more often, the hours go by much quicker. As with a proper aircraft engine, engine time is the amount of time at full throttle, so idling "hours" click by at a slower rate.

Mine is the same way,,, ive got atleast 7-8 hours of none stop running time on mine and it reads 0-3hrs every time i start it...

I also think the water temp guage reads hight also... its way to early in the year for the Mississippi to be 65 degrees..

AWSOME FUN BOAT THOUGH>>>

Thanks for the info. I like the way this thing moves. Like i said before I had the 155 hp boat before this one, and man does thing beat the 155 in fun factor.

Thread Information