Do the boats come with any safety equipment?

Today I signed papers pending a sea trial for a 07 Utopia SE. The first dealer I contacted said something about a 'starter kit' that would include a fire extinguisher and couple other things. The last dealer and the dealer I ended up buying the boat from never said anything and I forgot to ask. So do the boats come from SeaDoo with any safety equipment like a fire extinguishers or some sort of visual distress device or is it something that some dealers just put togther and include with the purchase?

mine didnt come with anything, I had to get it all seperately. I imagine some enterprising dealers are willing to add it in to make more money, or for customer satisfaction.

My 150 Speedster came with a free fire extinguisher. I was told by the dealer that they provide one as a "thank you" for buying the boat. I guess it depends on your dealer

I did have to go back to the dealer to sign some paperwork and I asked them at that time and was told they would supply a fire extinguisher and a whistle. I was going to tell them that since I don't own the boat and every thing is dependent on the demo ride and to be legal during that ride they need to supply that. Also I have read that you need to have a 'throwable' flotation device. The dealer said that the seat cushins in the boat do this but I don't see that mentioned any where in the owners manual.

Nothing comes with the boat from Sea Doo. Most dealers will generally through in a starter kit with the boat, at least I would hope so if you just bought a brand new boat from them. My dealers kit included a throwable, air horn, whistle, anchor, flares, and a few other little things. Your deal in not closed so I would ask for one.

I've never heard of a Doo with removable throwable cushions but I've never been in a Utopia before. Oh and I think that the throwable has to have the USCG approval tag on it to be legal so check that too.

Thread Information