Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Stainless wear ring ?

    I need a new wear ring for the rxp and I cant stop thinking about the fact that with a stainless wear ring, the impeller will have no "room for error". I mean, as with the OE plastic wear ring, if something happens (trash, normal wear and tear etc) the plastic wear ring will "give" and wear out, allowing the impeller to escape with little/no damage to it. But with a stainless impeller and a stainless ring, what will get damaged first? Know what I mean? I don't want to put a stainless ring on, only to have the impeller get it's ass kicked by not having a plastic ring in. Am I worrying about something unecessarily or not?

    Also, with the reduction nozzle kits, is a new nozzle included or just the 3 rings? I'm trying to decide if I want to spend $350 on a kit like that only to use 1 ring (the 81 that everyone swears by).

    Thanks a bunch


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Go with the stainless and never look back. All the other manufacturers use stainless so this is nothing new. The plastic wear rings are a cash grab for Seadoo.

    The Riva adjustable venturi kit comes with a venturi nozzle and 3 different sized rings.

  3. #3
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    I need a new wear ring for the rxp and I cant stop thinking about the fact that with a stainless wear ring, the impeller will have no "room for error". I mean, as with the OE plastic wear ring, if something happens (trash, normal wear and tear etc) the plastic wear ring will "give" and wear out, allowing the impeller to escape with little/no damage to it. But with a stainless impeller and a stainless ring, what will get damaged first? Know what I mean? I don't want to put a stainless ring on, only to have the impeller get it's ass kicked by not having a plastic ring in. Am I worrying about something unecessarily or not?

    Also, with the reduction nozzle kits, is a new nozzle included or just the 3 rings? I'm trying to decide if I want to spend $350 on a kit like that only to use 1 ring (the 81 that everyone swears by).

    Thanks a bunch
    Nozzle and 3 things

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Go with the stainless and never look back. All the other manufacturers use stainless so this is nothing new. The plastic wear rings are a cash grab for Seadoo.

    The Riva adjustable venturi kit comes with a venturi nozzle and 3 different sized rings.

    A cash grab, huh? I gotcha

    On the nozzle, that's what I figured....which brings me to ask what the difference is between the OE nozzle and this new one. Is it just because it accepts these 3 different rings, or is this new nozzle also a different diameter than the OE (besides the rings)?

    Thanks for all the help...just trying to put together an order for this week

  5. #5
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    The nozzle Riva ships out with the kit is just a stock nozzle that has been machined to accomodate different sized rings. It comes with 81, 82 and 83 mm rings. 83 is stock size.

  6. #6
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    how long do these ss wear rings last and how do you take out the plastic one?

  7. #7
    El Tartaro luismendez25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    555
    Go to the How To Do section and therres plenty of heplfull info.I did the freezer method twice and it worked. Hope this helps.

  8. #8
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    I have one pump that is over 2 years old and still has the SS wear ring in it.

  9. #9
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    Looks like I'll be making another 4-tec order

    I took my pump off last night and I was suprised at how good the plastic ring looked after almost 90 hours.

    I need SS though since I'll be making more HP

  10. #10
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Looks like I'll be making another 4-tec order

    I took my pump off last night and I was suprised at how good the plastic ring looked after almost 90 hours.

    I need SS though since I'll be making more HP
    I placed and order for one friday take ure pump off and put it in the freezer should pop right out. It's in the how to section.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cleaning Stainless Wear Rings
    By Red Devil in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 08:52 PM
  2. Stainless wear ring in plastic pump
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 08:00 AM
  3. Stainless wear rings???
    By Nitro4Life in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 07:11 PM
  4. Stainless wear ring Yay or Nay???
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-24-2005, 09:39 PM
  5. Stainless wear ring VS Nylon wear ring
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-18-2005, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •