Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    803
    +1
    30

    opinions of a 12 volt air compressor

    Looking for one to re-inflate my jeep tires - 35x12 after a day of jeeping.

    I would like to here what you guys have experienced.


    Thanks

    Tim

  2. #2
    Ski Hacks MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,255
    +1
    991
    I run twin Viair 480c's and 7.5 gallons of air on my truck and can fill a 35x12.50.15 in about 45 seconds. If you are running straight off a compressor with no holding tank, plan on it taking a good bit longer. Stay away from the Chinese "Compressor in a bag". They are horrible quality and take forever to fill a tire, if you get more than a handful of uses out of them. I owned and operated an Offroading Adventure Club for years and always used Viair with no issues. They are the industry standard.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    wkuadam07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    1,401
    +1
    169
    Get a used scuba tank and the proper fittings... they air up tires really really fast and will air a set of tires several times between refills... They are light and easy to transport too. Ideally a scuba tank and a AC powered compressor to fill it with at home would be neat.

  5. #4
    Chamily1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7
    I have Tata Nano red small car and I use the Central pneumatic 21-gallon air compressor from https://bestaircompressorstore.com/c...ressor-review/ for filling my car tires. In my practical experience, I can say It is the right choice for filling car, truck or motorcycle tires. It is easy to use and best portable for its two wheels and a handle. The efficient 2.5 hp motor produces 2.5-hp motor producing 125 psi of max pressure and 5.8 CFM at 40 psi & 4.7 CFM at 90 psi. I can recommend anyone to use it if they want.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Central pneumatic 21 gallon air compressor.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	428891  

  6. #5
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,605
    +1
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski Hacks MG View Post
    I run twin Viair 480c's and 7.5 gallons of air on my truck and can fill a 35x12.50.15 in about 45 seconds. If you are running straight off a compressor with no holding tank, plan on it taking a good bit longer. Stay away from the Chinese "Compressor in a bag". They are horrible quality and take forever to fill a tire, if you get more than a handful of uses out of them. I owned and operated an Offroading Adventure Club for years and always used Viair with no issues. They are the industry standard.

    What he said or also one of the power shot tanks if you dont want to have a compressor on board. But if you spend a good bit of time on the trails it might be a worthwhile investment

  7. #6
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,494
    +1
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by wkuadam07 View Post
    Get a used scuba tank and the proper fittings... they air up tires really really fast and will air a set of tires several times between refills... They are light and easy to transport too. Ideally a scuba tank and a AC powered compressor to fill it with at home would be neat.
    How much pressure can you put in it with your home air compressor???

  8. #7
    wkuadam07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    1,401
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    How much pressure can you put in it with your home air compressor???
    Depends on what compressor you buy... the ebay 4500psi compressors are slow but work just fine since you aren't refilling the tank very often and you only use it at home.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/110V-High-P...YAAOSwkV5aaUVQ


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD Portable Craftsman 125 PSI, 1.5 HP, 12 Gal. Air Compressor
    By Gus13letter in forum General Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 02:40 PM
  2. 12 volt high
    By RXTCalifornia in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 09:23 AM
  3. Pics of JK's forced air intake system
    By River Girl in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 10:24 AM
  4. 12 volt low;What happened?
    By monsoon in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 11:08 AM
  5. Pics of my fan powered air intake
    By nitro rxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 03:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •