Rochester NY and 1000 islands Canada (summer time)

should I buy a new or used RXP?

Now that I am out of college and working a good paying job I finally have some disposable income to spend on the RXP that I have always wanted. But do I buy used or new? My only hesitation with new is that they drop in value the minute you drive away from the marina, then again, its brand new and you donít have to worry about what the first owner did to it. If I buy used is there any year RXP that is better then another, and what should I watch out for? Thank for the help!
    ~Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by RustyXP View Post
    Now that I am out of college and working a good paying job I finally have some disposable income to spend on the RXP that I have always wanted. But do I buy used or new? My only hesitation with new is that they drop in value the minute you drive away from the marina, then again, its brand new and you donít have to worry about what the first owner did to it. If I buy used is there any year RXP that is better then another, and what should I watch out for? Thank for the help!
    ~Rusty
    Personally I like new in anything, but I shoot for the leftovers. If you can find a leftover '06 right now you could close to a couple grand. Then again if you find a used one in good condition and are confident with the seller then take it if it's a good deal. The biggest problem with getting a used supercharged SeaDoo PWC is the supercharger clutch. For all you know it may have already taken a dump and there is engine damage that needs to be taken care of. So I'd say go for a new ski, preferably a leftover, if you can get one.

This looks like a great ski if you want a used one

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23309

If it was closer to me I would have bought it

I was in the same position a year ago as you are now, I ended up going for the new one and have never looked back. A leftover 06' would be a great pickup. Hope you get a good one.

Left over 06 is the way to go for sure...

+1
    There are a lot of idiots out there beatin up their PWC.
    Like Forrest Gump said, "it's a box o chocolates, ya never know what yer gonna get." On some things you should just bite the bullet and buy new...
    Last edited by YoYamma; 04-29-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Based on my experiences, I would suggest you go the "new" route.

I've purchased two used SeaDoos and both had issues that the sellers should have disclosed. My first lesson cost me $400 and the second lesson was almost $1000.

Given the problems that SeaDoo has had with the ceramic clutches and the fact that BRP has failed to address out of warranty failures, I think the only smart move would be to purchase a 2006 holdover.

Thread Information