Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Unhappy 05 Stage 3 Riva Won't Run

Guys i have had soooo many problems that i cannot list but (Jerry knows the story)...Here is where i am, the #3 plug will foul with any of the 6, yes 6 coils i have, i can swap it around to different ones (1-2) ans it does the same.So i am thinking it's a coil, but, i can pull it ground it and it fires????? WTF!!!!! I have NGk's and Denso's but it does not help and i am running fresh plugs when i am testing.
    Symptoms of the ski:
    Battery slowly turn it over even after it beens charged
    Ski will run but WILL NOT REV
    On a lift it will Rev to around 8k but die when it gets there
    Also, Once it dies it's a bitch to start back up....
    Before i take this mofo in does anyone have any suggestions?
    I have rods this ski 10hrs in the last 2 yrs due to problems and i am very close to pulling the plug on it. FYI, what is the TERM "WATER READY" i hear about it frequently but do not know what it means LOL

sounds like it might be something in the charging system so the first thing that I would is is check the voltage at the battery while it is running. should be around 13.5 volts, if it's too low the electronics won't work properly.

I'd check the condition of your grounds check your main on the engine and check anywhere it ties to. Get a wire Diagram for your ski, could be computer. My Honda had dirty connection on the ground on the engine and it would not start or run right, flooded out alot. Not a seadoo guy just trying to help.

yeah i would diffently check the charging system. survey your electrical system from the battery to the starter solenoid to the start etc. diffently check your grounds to the front of the engine. The slow starting could be from high resistance in the lines. if your electrical isn't up to par your ski will run like poop.

Yeah what those guys said and whatever grounds u check clean them up and put dielectric grease on them. Are you riding it in salt water?

+1

Guys

No salt water, i just ride on Smith Lake which is exremely clear, and deep. Visibilty around 20ft So check grounds, get more plugs. Anything else?

+1

Forgot

I just got my ecu (Riva) back from them along with throttle body. The dealership i used messed up my first one that they programmed and it had to be replaced. It runs like its on 2 cylinders and the #3 is staying wet...Why??? And it has spark? So wtf? Battery is recharging now but it does not turn over when fully charged worth a poot..

+1

Electonics

Display is perfect, it's not even showing a low battery or anything? But the battery did die down?

+1

Question

How's your compression?

+1
    Are you running a stock intercooler? Just thought I`d ask because the botom seal on it may be blocking the intake port in the intake. I had mine in the intake once thats why I ask. But I see that you have stage three.

Your injctor is stuck wide open. Thats why its a biotch to crank. Your ready to hydro number 3.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information