95 SPX Water in Hull

Gang,

Has anyone put a bilge in the hulls of the SPX?? I am getting a little water in the hull, but not sure where it is coming from..I would say there is about an inch or so in the bottom of the ski..Any ideas???

Thanks!!

Banned User
    I would check the two orings on the jet pump inner nozzle where it bolts too the pump. ALot of times they get sucked in and create a reverse affect. Instead of sucking water out of the ski it pumps water in the ski. If that isnt it stick a garden hose in the ski and fill it up with water and most of the times if you have a leak you will be able to see will it is coming from.

Also check your VTS boot and trim tab screws.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 95 sl750 View Post
    Gang,

Has anyone put a bilge in the hulls of the SPX?? I am getting a little water in the hull, but not sure where it is coming from..I would say there is about an inch or so in the bottom of the ski..Any ideas???

Thanks!!
    Have you felt it after a ride to see if it is warm?

i put a bilge in my 98 SPX, but that is for 'just in case' when im riding in the ocean.

Turn on the ski in the water, and stand on the shore, and have someone help you hold the ski in place and then give it gas and try and see the leak. (dont suck up sand haha)

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by 98spxbomber View Post
    i put a bilge in my 98 SPX, but that is for 'just in case' when im riding in the ocean.

Turn on the ski in the water, and stand on the shore, and have someone help you hold the ski in place and then give it gas and try and see the leak. (dont suck up sand haha)
    Or you could ride around with the seat off. You have to investigate alittle further lis xpss said see if the water is warm so you can narrow it down to a hose leak or hull leak. I see alot of them that have the orings sucked in to the jet pump orfices and cause the reverse effect of pouring water into the ski. When you ride it around with the seat off hold the bailer in your hand and if that is the promblem it will be pouring out of there.

bailer tubes

Thread Information