Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up ross Throttle body mod

just wanted to thank you for your throttle body mod , the boat hits hard everywhere , had to prop up to a 15-25 picked up about 6 tenths mph in high heat and humidity conditions, I think there is more there because duke mesured my liner clearance even after bending the prop it was still over 12 thousands gap , new prop and liner on the way. this boat is just an animal now no matter what the conditions. ps wanted to thank duke for bending my prop for me , he took a badly damaged prop and liner and made it unbelievable. thanks alot ross and duke akent

+1
    Anytime Aubrey!

TBs hit noticably harder. Very happy with the way his boat ran all day. Temps were pushing 90 and the water was hot too. It hit better then when I ran it in the winter. Mark's boat is running better then it ever has before as well.

If everyone knew how far and hard we ride all day there would be more appreciation for the speeds we run. I don't believe there are many boats running at or close to the 80 mark for hours at a time. If you ride with these guys you better bring plenty of gas and just go ahead and tiewrap the throttle because your finger is going to be worn out!

Great to hear the results were good, even with the hot air hitting here already. Now Mark says you and him are even again...

(If you ride with these guys you better bring plenty of gas and just go ahead and tiewrap the throttle because your finger is going to be worn out!)

How true, after riding with Mark and Elliot, i have to agree. And i thought i was a little crazy..... When God designed your DNA, he mistakenly gave you a quadruple shot of adrenaline!! You guys are awesome to ride with...
    Ill be in Puerto Rico next week on vacation, but soon after i get back im coming to the big-O to ride with you guys again.. If there is any water left in the lakes by then...

Chine Walker
    Ross:
    One question which I don't know if you've answered; are these TB's run free flow or is there some sort of filter element in front of the stacks? Running these on a boat with a D plate and free flow exhaust would create a lean condition without an EFI controller; correct?
    Thanks,
    J.P.

Quote Originally Posted by jpa1300 View Post
    Ross:
    One question which I don't know if you've answered; are these TB's run free flow or is there some sort of filter element in front of the stacks? Running these on a boat with a D plate and free flow exhaust would create a lean condition without an EFI controller; correct?
    Thanks,
    J.P.
    There is no filter element on the stacks, it is open.

Hello JP, Chris is correct, they are open stacks with no filter or arrestor. I ran these on my 06 stock engine for 4 months without an EFI controller without a problem. It went 73.4 on a 1200 grate. I did run the sound suppression and not a free flow.

+1
    I am going to test a set as well on an 05 w/stock motor.

He is already running high 71s with just a D-plate, Jim's J plate, 1200 grate, special 14/20 DF, Riva power filter, and some air mods.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I am going to test a set as well on an 05 w/stock motor.

He is already running high 71s with just a D-plate, Jim's J plate, 1200 grate, special 14/20 DF, Riva power filter, and some air mods.
    I can't wait to hear the results !!! I sure do like Throttle bodies over carbs ! Its a matter of time, carbs will be old news for me.

+1
    They make power without the motor running!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 200.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	23316  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information