Thread: Greasing....

Greasing....

I've been going thru my craft getting it ready for the summer and it just dawned on me. I have never greased the shaft just behind the engine. Under the little boot with two claps on it. How the heck do you get that thing off? Or do I take it off at all? I have about 17 hours on my ski. Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska05RXT View Post
    I've been going thru my craft getting it ready for the summer and it just dawned on me. I have never greased the shaft just behind the engine. Under the little boot with two claps on it. How the heck do you get that thing off? Or do I take it off at all? I have about 17 hours on my ski. Thanks for your input.
    17 hours, I don`t think I`d mess with it. That is the bellows for the carbon seal and where the shaft passes thru the hull...PR...

And out of 94 people who looked at this thread only one person responded. Was this thread a stupid question or did everyone just not know the answer to my question? Thanks for your input Pale Rider.

I think most people just agreed with PR's response, so anymore input would be redundant.

+1
    There is a carbon ring there, but no grease fitting as far as I know ...

well I was one of the 90 something that looked and I don't know of a grease fitting in there so didn't post anything because I couldn't give an answer that I felt was correct. Some people think they know a lot more than they do and give out bad info on a regular basis, which is worse than no advise at all. I can tell you that the carbon seal doesn't get any grease at all, and lubricating it can cause it to not work properly.

94 is still a very small amount of viewers compared to the few thousand on this board...
    The one good thing about this site is even if someone has an incorrect answer, there is always someone in the know to help all of us out...PR...

Thread Information