Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

For LEXTOY and other 03 GTX SC owners

Your 2003 GTX Supercharged machines have two waterboxes and two resonators and lots of hoses. If you want to get rid of all the crap and make the ski a little louder, tear EVERYTHING and leave just the left side waterbox and j-pipe in place.

now you have those two exhaust hoses... take the shorter of them and cut 3" off the end of it (yes there's a slight curve to the hose)...

get a 90 degree bent 2.5" pipe and cut to size

now you have an option... either get a billet plug for the opening in the waterbox where the resonator along the exhaust manifold used to be... OR have it welded closed... OR you can even put the resonator back to quiet things up a bit, bc even with that resonator it's giong to be noticeably louder.

Here's a picture.... i know you been contemplating something with your 03 exhaust Lex, so you came to mind and thought i'd let you know what i just did to a guy's ski that i'm working on.

anyone with a 2004 and later 4-tec machine can't fully appreciate what this thread is about, lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01632.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	23157  

Banned User
    +1
    Thats what i said to do MONTHS ago...

Youcan also piece the 90's together using the 2 rubber pipes that go from box to box...

+1
    would actually be nice if all the 4-tec had the exhaust on this side of the ski... wouldn't need to be spending 250 bucks on thru-hull exhaust kits... pretty much the same thing except it goes thru the side of the pump tunnel rather than the rear.

doesn't get any cheaper than this

and this guy i'm building the ski for wants to keep the OPAS system on so it worked out well... and can slap the resonator on and off depending on what noise level is acceptable to him

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    and this guy i'm building the ski for wants to keep the OPAS system on so it worked out well... and can slap the resonator on and off depending on what noise level is acceptable to him
    I was gonna say, i thought I saw the water lines still there...
    yea, cheap through hull fitting is ANY straight unit, such as that from a GTX...just relocate.

That's what I did over the winter. Bought the Riva Free Flow pipe from Jerry's store and used the stock exit instead of thru-hull. Instead of capping the waterbox, I used the extra resonator, my theory being the resonator lessens the 3000-3500 rpm resonance problem, without hurting performance. Not too loud at speed and nice and burbly at idle.

i put a 04 rxp water box on my gtx on the right side water box i took off the resonator & used a billet plug it clean her up some

+1
    Thats my setup as well...

Steve, what`s with the dual clamp set-up? and I see the opas is still hooked up???...PR...

+1
    no flared ends on the pipe... i felt better t-bolting a clamp and putting a worm drive right next to it... extra precautionary measure... plus i was able to get a 2.75" pipe there instead of 2.5"... tight freaken fit. took me quite awhile to get it worked in as far as i did, kept hitting it with heat to get the rubber hose more flexibly so i could get the pipe in as far as possible

the customer wants his OPAS system still intact.. so i'm going to disable the water lines, plug the venturi, and jam them up with PVC pieces... they'll still be on there but at least slightly out of the way... his son and some friends ride the ski from time to time, that's y he wants OPAS intact

...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information