Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw This!!

Screw This!!

IM DONE!
    Well after waiting all winter (which took forever this year), then waiting for a the flooded boat ramp to dry out, then waiting for a day thats not snowing or raining, then getting a day off work. I finally got a chance to get out for some testing to see what the winter mods has done for me.

I dropped the ski in the water and tooled around for a few minutes to let it warm up and check for leaks. When I was ready to get some #s I noticed my GPS was back in the truck so I started heading for the boat ramp. Right before I got to the boat ramp I hear all kinds of noise and the engine locks up. Aparently some A-HOLE decided to dump a load of golfball+ size rock right off the side of the ramp before the flood and it was not yet visable. Some d**khead fisherman standing there said "oh yeah, I was going to tell you about that".

So I had no choice but to jump off and swim the ski to the bank since there is very strong current at the ramp due to flooding and I found out the water is still very cold since I could catch my breath after jumping in.

By this time I was already POed and I couldnt get the ski back up to the ramp against the current. I ended up driving through the woods, dropping the trailer off a 3 foot bank and yanking all that $hit out.

Damage report:
    The brand new 14/23 that I never even got to try until today is trashed.
    The wear ring is trashed with DEEP gouges and scratches.
    The 1200 grate has gouges
    The hull has several deep gouges
    Didnt look at the pump yet (I can Imagine)
    The riva plate I was going to test has nice deep scratches
    The side of my new truck has a F***ing scratch down the side of it from driving down the river to get the Piece of chit ski.
    My ass is wet and cold along with much shrinkage.

Bottom line is I am done!!
    I spend way to much time and money testing, tuning, reading the forums, buying parts, wrenching all hours of the night, dreaming about Ideas, ect, for what seems like the 5 minutes a year I get to ride when somethings not screwed up like the weather, floods, water conditions, work, time restraints, broken chit, ect. I have always loved this stuff but while I sit here with a still damp a$$ I say screw it.

Sorry for the long rant (I dont do it often), but I needed to b*tch and the wifes not home yet (probably a good thing). If she said something stupid I would probably snap right now.

+1
    Man, that is terrible. Sometimes you just can't get a break and it seems everything and everyone is out to get you. Take a few days to think about it, drink some beer, or do whatever habit you may have, if any. You have to ask yourself, "what in the hell am I going to do for fun and enjoyment without my ski"?

Without my GP or Raptor, I might have killed somebody long ago.

+1
    WOW.......everyone has a bad day here and there but this one is real bad. I hope you can calm down a little and have a better day tomarrow.

+1
    Dang. That sucks. Don't know bout you, but I would probably have to tell my wife that my ski was stolen before I would tell her about a day like that.
    Just take a week off from it all and things will look better.
    Good luck.

+1
    Dont let it get you down, Brother. Its only money, and hell we cant take it with us when we die. You have your youth and your health, so enjoy it.

Tomorrow is a brand new day.

+1
    Porksword,

No offense, If your prop is messed up from getting wet you might want to buy an R1.

I am on the river every weekend , rain shine or hailstorm.

Get your self together and go get it , or sell it.

We all have those days.

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar

Angry

WELL, I feel for you man. I hope your week gets better.
    I dropped my ski off my trailer yesterday. on to the pavement! YEP Boy did I feel stupid!
    Best part. low-boy single trailer. only a couple of small scratches. But boy did I feel dumb. Right in my home Ramp. No excuse here, just got geeked up and bragging and forgot to tie it down. But I guess that's what I get for bragging.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Dont let it get you down, Brother. Its only money, and hell we cant take it with us when we die. You have your youth and your health, so enjoy it.

Tomorrow is a brand new day.
    What he said ,,,,,,,,,,,man that does suck. I know a knowledge level headed guy like yourself will bounce back.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by great lakes gpr 1200 View Post
    WELL, I feel for you man. I hope your week gets better.
    I dropped my ski off my trailer yesterday. on to the pavement! YEP Boy did I feel stupid!
    Best part. low-boy single trailer. only a couple of small scratches. But boy did I feel dumb. Right in my home Ramp. No excuse here, just got geeked up and bragging and forgot to tie it down. But I guess that's what I get for bragging.
    That sucks.
    A buddy of mine did the same thing once. Brand new 99 Ultra150, first trip out. He was running his mouth about how fast his ski was and forgot to hook the strap to the bow. As he was pulling up the truck out of the water, the ski slid right off the trailer, slammed on the ramp, then skidded back into the water. Sunday afternoon in June, place was packed.
    It's funny now, but wasnt funny then.

+1
    pork,
    Where are you located? I may have some parts to help.

Take a HOT shower!

I've had my share of ski set-backs but you're ok. The reason I choose skis is cause it doesn't hurt as much when I crash. Two broken shoulders=NO MORE sport-bikes!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information