Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What kinds of trailers are you guys using?

I have a 2004 LoadRite BDT141000, which is really a small boat trailer. That is what the dealer sold me when the ski ws new... I shortened the tongue portion by 20 inches, re-set the ski on the trailer, and played around with different spring packs until it took 2 diff paks to build one set and keep the centerline stock...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i've got a Karavan, but i'm looking to get out of it. thing is year and a half old, and i'm just not all that pleased with it. Potentially looking to get a double (but getting my double garage has 2 separate doors, wont fit, so that's an issue) or i'm looking to get a new single triton.

aside from the badass trailers that fast XPL and boataddict and others with monster cool trailers that i'm jealous of, these are my two SINGLE trailers i've seen (both come from the member albums on this site) 46RXP and nitro RXPs...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chrome_trailer_492.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	1539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nitros_triton_765.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	1540  

I use a double continental. It works just fine. I put a spare tire on it and a toolbox. Never had any trouble with it. It is not shiney or pimped out but it works well and was not expensive.

The only thing I have trouble with is that I pull my 2 skies with my minivan and I need an trailer hitch extension because the van rides so low.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    regular old Loadrite BZ1200 but i'm pimpin it out soon.

+1
    I have a double sportsman trailer.It's the second pair of doo's I put on that trailer and still holding up fine with not a bit of rust.It's six years old.

Sweet trailers in the pics!
    Shibbs, Triton makes a very nice trailer, big $$$ though!

Why my dealer sold me a small boat trailer I don`t know, and I didn`t catch it until I was home. It is very tall, with 12`s on it, the first springs were 2pc and the tires bottomed out on the fenders. Then I installed 3pc, relocated the hangers, just by flipping them 180, worked good, still to tall, and finally was to bouncy with low air press. So then I took apart the 2 dif sets of springs, used the main spring from the original set-up and removed the 2nd spring and swapped in the intermediate from the 3pc srping pak. swapped out the tire to 4.80X8.00 C load, to lower trailer, did ok for this past season, but then switched back to the 12`s for the winter while it sits in the garage...way to much F`ing around with this loadrite that I`m not really happy with...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    stick with the 12s. are your leaf springs u-bolted to the top or underside of the axle/spindle? the trailers are made so that the springs go under the axle with 10" tires and smaller.... 12" and alrger the springs need to sit on top of the axle. that's how they have like 5 models of the EXACT same trailer... just playing with wheels, springs, and ride heights by switching the bolts around.

all my bolts rust in a matter of 1 month. the entire hardware package was replaced under warranty on my trailer, and they rusted immediately again. my wheels peeled and rusted to crap. my lights and electrical are constant problems... i wash and dry and clean and spray down my trailer religiously, and this is what happens to it i then decided to rip the trailer apart, grind it down, prime it and paint it with a polyurethane-type oil enamel. worked well.... except all the bolts are rusted and the wheels are a wreck and my lights and connections are all corroded and tempermental.

one thing i like about it tho, over something like a sea lion or load ride is that my trailer is completely welded... not held together by nuts and bolts and brackets everywhere. only place i have u-bolts if for the axle, springs, and bunks.

Shibbs: I`ve seen the pics of your trailer, that was sweet, nice job, bolts already crapped out!?
    My axle is below the springs, I just changed the hardware, I cannot install axle above springs, tried that and ran into tire clearance issuse and tried to do new brackets for fender and it became a clusternuck!...
    I only have a problem when I`m off of work (a day or to) and use my crown vic to tow. I don`t have any probs when using the Mrs. SUV...PR...

+1
    This is the trailer that I have....

Name:	my_trailer_158.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	534.4 KB 
ID:	1541  

+1
    This is the trailer that I want.....

Name:	awesome_trailer_143.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	1542  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information