Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil

Oil

Im getting a oil beep on the display and it goes to limp mode when its at WOT on a friends RXT.I checked the oil and it was 1/4 of a quart short.I added the needed oil and when back to the water and the same thing. I checked all hoses and sensors and wondering if theres anything else to check for and if the oil pumps which were changed about 20 hrs before this weekends incident will have anything to do with this? Thanks in advance for reply's.

+1
    Luis, did anyone mess with the oil pressure regulator when they changed the oil pumps? Lots of times people make a mistake and overtighten the oil pressure reg and crush the cage.

Where is this located? I changed the oil pumps and the ski had ran fine for about 20 hours after that with no problems.

+1
    Its in the bottom of the PTO housing. Its a round plug with a hex head on it. If you run it in too deep it will crush the cage on the oil pressure regulator causing the problems you are seeing now.

It could be as simple as a bad oil pressure sensor.

sounds like the pressure sensor. $25 part they go all the time especially 03 04 and 05's

I pew pew lazors
    Luis,

Did you ever figure this out? I had my '05 RXP beep/display "oil" when riding heavy wakes and hammering down the throttle as well.

What the exactly code you see at the display?

I pew pew lazors
    There was no code. Even hitting the Mode (or Set button? I can't remember lol) button 5 times all it said was END.

What happened though, was I was riding the ski pretty hard. On the throttle pretty good jumping wakes and pulling sharp curves. The ski did one long beep and displayed "OIL" on the display. I calmed down and rode a little easier and it was perfectly fine. It did this 3 times each when I was riding it hard and each time it was fine after I relaxed a little. I checked the oil (while in the water) and it was almost exactly half way between the two markers. I went ahead and added about 1/3 of a quart which brought it to almost the full marker. After this it never beeped at me again.

I understand the most recommended fill level is exactly between the two marks, which has me concerned as to why it would bitch at me but after I filled it to the top mark, it stopped bitching.

You'll get that long beep if your prop is running outa the water alot...ie...extended sharp turns...donut style....don't do it.

I thing this problem is because of your riding but if you continue to do this you will destroy your motor.The oil is going front and back because you are riding hard and the sensor read that there is no oil.Try to go top speed and leave the throttle i thing that you will hear the same beep.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information