The Movie "Hitch"

I know it is not a new movie but I just watched with my wife it last night. I saw parts of it on tv before.

I was watching the scene where he had his first date and they were on Jetskis going down to Hudson River. My wife and I though it looked awesome to do. And of course it reminded me of Shibby.

The two skis in the film were a yamaha and a polaris. Did anyone notice that the one that brokedown - the Yamaha, Will Smith's ski - had the brand name removed? I guess yamaha wouldn't go for having thier name on a ski that brokedown.

He said it wouldn't restart because he must have sucked up a diaper or something. Then it really reminded me about Shibby's ride.

Anyway, funny movie, but I am glad I didnt pay to go to the theater to see it.

+1
    not seen it yet. only the adds..

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    ... been thinking about me much jack? PM me if you want my number it's not your typical action junkie guy movie... but i do actually like that movie, it's decent... i guess bc it's got a 120 second clip of skis, lol. but could definitely picture myself in the exact spot that the movie was filmed. the sites are unbelievable

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Yeah i'm definitly gonna have to take the trip up your way Steve. I wouldn't mind takin a ride down the Hudson myself.

+1
    it'll be in July sometime... did the ride with about 12 other guys last summer. we did a 2 day ride. we started north of NYC

Day 1: left newburgh, NY and went south down hudson under tappan zee bridge down the west side of NYC to jersey city and stopped for fuel behind the statue of liberty. Then went around the statue of liberty and took pictures then went to south street seaport on the lower east side of NYC, went up th east river under all the bridges like brooklyn bridge, 59th street, etc. continued up the east side haulin ass bc it's so narrow and calm until we popped back into the hudson and went back north to newburgh. big restuarants and clubs and bars on the water there, then back to hotel.

Day 2: left newburgh and went north about 200 miles round trip. went thru the catskills and into the capital of albany and further to Troy where there's a damn and locks to continue up the river. we stopped at troy for lunch at a restaurant. then back to newburgh, and that was that.

by far the best riding i've done on my ski so far. the sites, the houses, and water conditions are perfect. we hauled some serious ass on the northern hudson. it's not all that wide, it's dead calm, big ass tug boats and barges going thru. you guys should definitely come up for that if you are able to. was alot of riding and very tiring, but worth it after i came home and looked at all my pictures a second time. i went back this past october in the cold with my dad to ride it again.

How much gas did you go through throughout the trip??

+1
    Day 1 was 2 gas stops .... Day 2 was 3 gas stops

thing is, sometimes u stopped for gas with 1/2 tank of gas because there wouldn't be a gas dock for several miles, or it was unknown territory to us. i would say if gas docks weren't an issue, probably burned a legit 4 - 4.5 FULL tanks over both days... and that was with a very fast moving average bc we were a good group, all with SCed 4-tecs, two of us with SCICs. the SCs burned more gas than my RXT consistently.

Yes Shibby, of course I have been thinking a lot about you. Especially while whatching romantic comedies. Doesn't everybody?

I like it too. Great movie.

+1
    One of my favorite places to ride, no doubt. Gonna burn through some serious fuel on that river this season.

Shib is gonna be kick'in my ass though this time- with his pumped up RXT.

Thread Information