Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Plastic Liner or Steel?

I'm getting some stuff together for the 05 pump upgrade and I want to replace my wear ring. I believe the factory one is better between the two, but it's around $210 as you all know. Should I get another factory piece or is the aftermarket plastic ring okay?

+1
    I ordered a housing with the plastic liner in it from Carl along with an extra wear ring just for the simple fact that I can replace the ring myself very cheap if something were to happen to it. I also carry a good stock one just to make sure that if I have to change it on the ramp I dont have the down time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    I ordered a housing with the plastic liner in it from Carl along with an extra wear ring just for the simple fact that I can replace the ring myself very cheap if something were to happen to it. I also carry a good stock one just to make sure that if I have to change it on the ramp I dont have the down time.

ditto....

I've been running a plastic liner since 2003. Only had to replace it once and that was during my 100+ mark.

Cheap and easy to replace.

And like Jeff said, I keep a OEM one on hand to prevent downtime.

awesome. now is the clearance going to be perfect or does the plastic require trimming? i'm on boats.net and was just wondering if i should order an oem piece or order a plastic-equipped one from IR when i get the dynafly.

+1
    When I put mine in the clearance was PERFECT. No trimming needed on the one that I have. I have inspected it and you can see a few very small places where the impeller made its own room in a couple of places. I dont think I will ever go back to the SS wear ring if I can help it.

Make sure you have a spare handy as well. you never know when you might need it.

Thumbs up

that sounds great. i'll order a replacement housing w/ plastic liner from carl with the dynafly then.

i'll keep my oem one as a backup. i'm not even sure if it's out of spec. i'm just going to do it to eliminate one more variable my stock prop was pretty banged up when i pulled it out last year though. i'm assuming the liner is probably out of spec and i don't want that to negate the performance of the new 05 pump setup i'll be installing.

You are having a lot better luck with yours than I ever did. I always ate up a plastic liner in a couple of outings....

hmm..... ? anyone else have that problem? that sucks. i want to ride not replace linings

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    ditto....

I've been running a plastic liner since 2003. Only had to replace it once and that was during my 100+ mark.

Cheap and easy to replace.

And like Jeff said, I keep a OEM one on hand to prevent downtime.
    Billie, Is the material harder than the ones in the SeaDoo 951 pumps ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information