Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Should I buy 2002 polaris virage i 800cc DI

I am used ski shopping and am looking at a 2002 virage i with 88 hours. My concerns would be getting it repaired and parts as I cannot work on it myself. What should I be concerned with on this make and model? What should I expect to pay for it? It included trailer and has been well maintained. I appreciate any and all feedback.

+1
    have you considered anything besides polaris?

Yes

I am also looking at a 2002 sea do rxdi. But I can get the polaris for 2 grand cheaper

+1
    yeah but that RXDI is going to be much faster and easier to get parts for i would assume....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskigirl View Post
    I am used ski shopping and am looking at a 2002 virage i with 88 hours. My concerns would be getting it repaired and parts as I cannot work on it myself. What should I be concerned with on this make and model? What should I expect to pay for it? It included trailer and has been well maintained. I appreciate any and all feedback.
    To answer your question, other than the TPS it's a pretty darn reliable machine.
    As for getting it repaired, you're going to see if there are any Polaris techs in your vicinity.
    If not and you don't feel comfortable working on your own craft, it's probably going to be a poor choice.
    If you're not afraid to work on your own craft, all the information you need can be found right here.
    Parts availability to this point is a non-issue BUT it may be in the near future.
    My guess is you'll ride the craft for a few years, maybe only a year or two and be ready for something larger and faster.
    I won't guarantee you'll have no issues or problems obtaining parts but a ton of us have much older And newer craft and we're not to worried.

Good Luck in your decision and let us know what you purchase.

iv thought the injection was a pos ?

how much is it ? you would want a regular 1200 or 1050 to cum up with parts easyier , plus not 2 mention power ,

+1
    Although I agree with your comment that the 1050 and 1200 non injected would be easier to obtain parts, I can't agree with your assessment on the injected 800.
    When's the last time you heard somebody complain about the injected 800?
    For that matter, since the TPS has been discovered as the most common issue with the injected engines, I've yet to see tons of complaints there either.
    Just my personal observation.

I think I can get the polaris for 3200. There is a place about 45 minutes away that services polaris. Wish it was closer. I am really only looking for something to take out once or twice a month during summer when my work allows. I am on call every other weekend. So that's why I don't want to spend alot of $$$$ to have it sitting in garage.

+1
    I see you are in Modesto,CA Thats not to far from that amsoil keven guy???

Where is he at? sorry, I am new here? is that a good thing..does he work on polaris?
    update.. found him he is in morgan hill.. that's prob about 1.5 hours from me.
    I am still on the fence about the polaris any other input?
    thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jetskigirl; 05-01-2007 at 03:29 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information