Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation let's PROTEST, don't pump gas on MAY 15

to all our members and their friends, let's PROTEST, don't pump gas on May 15

NO GAS... ON MAY 15TH 2007
    BODY: DON'T PUMP GAS ON MAY 15TH
    BODY: ... IN APRIL 1997 , THERE WAS A " GAS OUT" CONDUCTED NATIONWIDE IN PROTEST OF GAS PRICES. GASOLINE PRICES DROPPED 30 CENTS A GALLON OVERNIGHT.

ON MAY 15TH 2007, ALL INTERNET USERS ARE ASKED NOT TO GET GAS IN PROTEST OF HIGH GAS PRICES. GAS IS NOW OVER $3.00 A GALLON IN MOST PLACES.

THERE ARE 73,000,000+ AMERICAN MEMBERS CURRENTLY ON THE INTERNET NETWORK, AND THE AVERAGE CAR TAKES ABOUT 30 TO 50 DOLLARS TO FILL UP.

IF ALL USERS DID NOT GO TO THE PUMP ON THE 15TH, IT WOULD TAKE $2,292,000,000.00 ( THAT'S ALMOST 3 BILLION) OUT OF THE OIL COMPANYS POCKETS FOR JUST ONE DAY, SO PLEASE, DO NOT GO TO THE GAS STATION ON MAY 15TH AND LETS TRY TO PUT A DENT IN THE MIDDLE EASTERN OIL INDUSTRY FOR AT LEAST ONE DAY.

IF YOU AGREE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST, REQUESTING THEY " DONN'T PUMP GAS ON MAY 15TH"

Check out http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp - this doesn't work. Sounds good, but doesn't do a thing.

What does work is people using less gas, demand goes down, the gallons pile up in storage tanks, and prices are lowered to incite people to purchase more gas. Then demand increases and prices go up again.

+1
    It doesn't work at all. Sooner or later you have to buy gas and they can outlast you.

if i need gas on may 15th, you can bet your ass im pumping gas!.....i too tho wish it would go down, but its almost summer and in higher demand. maybe we should stop exporting gas refined in alaska to china

Oil companies do not set gas prices, gasoline futures (rbob) are traded on the Nymex exchange. Speculators (traders) drive the price via percieved supply and demand. There were extended refinery problems this spring which is the normal time of year for refinery maintenance, this caused supply concerns while demand was also up, hence the April rbob contract closed the month at about $2.44 wholesale per gallon. The May contract is currently $2.245 and may go lower depending on tomorrows EIA inventory report.

Refineries should be coming back on line soon, easing pump prices in a few weeks, but they will likely increase again between Memorial day and Labor day as is customary due to increased demand. Any percieved hurricane driven disruptions to operations in the Gulf will also cause traders to run prices up further.

Oil companies make good money, but they also invest a lot of money in some hotspots around the world and they create jobs. Exxon, Chevron and Conoco are all losing considerable amounts of money in Venezuela as Chavez has seized control of their investments, this is part of the risk they take to bring oil to us.

well then, sounds like there is always someone getting greedy!
    I`m sorry to say that we are our own worst enemy and they all know it!

edited so as to not offend our over seas peeps!
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 05-02-2007 at 01:09 PM.

my fam is from the middle east and i go their sometimes in the summers and i have a suzuki gsxr stored over their. we should be lucky to have the "cheap" gas prices here. it cost me over 25 american dollars to fill that tank. thats over 1,000 of their money

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZinMJ View Post
    my fam is from the middle east and i go their sometimes in the summers and i have a suzuki gsxr stored over their. we should be lucky to have the "cheap" gas prices here. it cost me over 25 american dollars to fill that tank. thats over 1,000 of their money
    no offens Blaz, I have middle-eastern friends. I`m primarily talking about the dirtbags that own the stations in my driving range, that`s all... I see them, see what they do, see what they drive, and see how they look at us as americans.

note* if people came here to make a better life for Themselves, wear decent clothing, drive respectable vehicles, and be respectful of others then I say come on down, no prob, but most seem not likely, atleast from what I have experienced...JMHO...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    , wear decent clothing, drive respectable vehicles, and be respectful of others...
    Where in America we can wear, drive and say what we want that is why this country is so great! so what if somone wears a turbine? so what if they drive a POS car? Fact is I see more white trash on a daily basis than all other races put together!

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Where in America we can wear, drive and say what we want that is why this country is so great! so what if somone wears a turbine? so what if they drive a POS car? Fact is I see more white trash on a daily basis than all other races put together!
    a dirt bag is a dirt bag no matter what the denomination.
    there are way to many variables...PR...

How hard is it to be neat? you don`t have to have money to TRY and be clean, keep your living quarters clean etc...
    sooo maybe the gov should start passing out loans and grants to these so called white trash people to better their lives before we give it to an outsider tax exempt for however many years, yeah, that makes sense now...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 05-02-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information