Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RXP on nitrous

+1

RXP on nitrous

While in was at PPG in south Florida the week of December 5th Fraizer at PPG had taken on a project from one of their customer to install nitrous on a RXP. I left on Thursday and they had just started that morning. Maybe south Florida will have the first 85mph RXP.

+1
    Ray, there is (was) already a RXP on nitrous in Miami. So said he ran 86mph, but it didn't take him long to go BOOM!

Mark Underwood told me about him.

I'm pretty sure thats this guys ski that i ride with up here in Orlando-- his name's Frank..he dropped it off down there awhile back to have nitrous put in--- if it gets up and running i'll be sure to get video of it....

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    I don't see nitrous being very beneficial to the 4tec family, unless of course you are a fan of expensive paperweights.

My RXP will be juiced soon, I just gotta get a controller to let me retard the ignition timing...if I cant get that Im just gonna use my setup as an intercooler chiller-whenever I get the money to get an ext. cooler...

Jay

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    See now my arguement with the nitrous is like this- If you put nitrous on a ski you can only do so much good. For example if you're running close to the rev limiter and you spray then you simply pick up a half a mile an hour and hit the rev limiter while spraying. Not a good thing if you ask me. Another option is to put in a steeper prop to take advantage of the nitrous and then use it to get that extra 1-2 mph when spraying but in the mean time your slow as balls everywhere you go with out spraying. My opinion nitrous is better off left in dentists offices. Now when you can show me a solid 5mph gain off an already fast ski while being safe for the engine then let me know.

+1
    In my opinion juice and skis don't mix.

Those that are running nitrous have to run insane amounts of pitch on the prop. The ski is a total dog and you strain the motor when not running on the bottle.

The one RXP i know of that runs the bottle can hit 83mph on the juice and when not on the bottle it runs about 71.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    In my opinion juice and skis don't mix.

Those that are running nitrous have to run insane amounts of pitch on the prop. The ski is a total dog and you strain the motor when not running on the bottle.

The one RXP i know of that runs the bottle can hit 83mph on the juice and when not on the bottle it runs about 71.
    In my opinion its just a "fake" way off saying your ski is faster. Stick with the real upgrades and "TRUE" speed.

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    i think it has a useful application as an acceleration tool. You know...hit the button while you're getting to top end and then let it go...Otherwise it's really worthless on a ski...

you guys bring up some good points, which also makes me want to use my future setup as just a intercooler chiller instead of directly spraying into the manifold...but then I gotta get a ext. cooler first...

Jay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information