Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

E-Ram Supercharger

Can someone give me some more input on this product. Whooper says it will make his ski go 70mph. Anyone else try this?
    http://www.electricsupercharger.com/products-eram.html

They don't work on cars, can't see why a ski would be any different

Plus the power consumption on that thing is more than the alternator can put out on the Ultra 250X. If it is really 800 + watts, you should kill you motor when that thing turns on.

Quote Originally Posted by creativepuzzle View Post
    Plus the power consumption on that thing is more than the alternator can put out on the Ultra 250X. If it is really 800 + watts, you should kill you motor when that thing turns on.

Im following you on this one.

Battery as is, is only getting a trickle charge and thus the low battery alarm so often.

+1
    This has been done on many skis, not necessarily with an E-Ram fan, but just with a very powerful fan or sometimes two bilge blowers. When setup right it is not uncommon to gain 1 mph due to the hull getting far more cool fresh air for the motor to suck in. Most guys set it up with an on/off switch and turn it on when grudge racing for a little 'edge' to beat the competition ... leaving it on all the time draws amps and is a hazard if the boat is flipped.

+1

Now that's a good idea

I never thought about just putting a standard 3" bildge blower
    on one or both of those rear vent tubes. That way you would
    have power assist to evacuate hot air and by default get fresh
    air in. Wonder if it would be better to blow it out or suck it in??

Plus they are designed to run on low voltage 12volt DC systems.

800+ watt will not work on the 250X. The cooling fans on Honda Ridgeline pickup truck use (2) 160 Watt fans for cooling and that is a truck. A example is a car fan that draws 10.3 amps moves 2500 CFM of air. The two bilge blowers for blowing out hot air is alot smaller and use significantly less current, which will work. I looked up the alternator on the 250X and it was small as I was trying to run a 650 watt air pump and gave up after I read the alternator output.

still some doubts ???

Hi guys...

No one as tried this except me...
    Even i m very pleased to share information, and also take some from your tests..i'm not going to spend my time trying to convince you it works...

It does for me, but obviously, some précautions must be taken...
    Even the mac hasen't it all right with his turbo supercharger, so horses power is easy to get, the difficulty is to get them safely...

I will post a pic of my top speed as soon as I can. Waiting for a real gps gun. Unless you ve had an e-ram in hands, you cannot imagin how much air this thing blows..

Just remember that the vortex compressor on the seadoo RXT added 30 Hp, to the 155HP atmospheric engine, and the intercooler added 30 more HP....

Would'nt an e-ram that blows 80 liters/minute of fresh air, help getting more HP ???

Power source

Whooper, I am fully intrerested in your set up. I'm not here to bash anybody. All I want to know is how you made it work because I would like to get one. Someone mentioned that it takes a lot of electricity to power that particular unit. How were you able to make it work? I would like to know for myself. Again I am interested in this mod to use on my ski . Please get back to me on this Whooper and some pics would be awsomeThanx, Troy

+1
    If my memory is correct, I believe the fan idea had been tried by some of the SD guys. I think the fan blades actually hampered air flow.

The stock Kawi alternator leaves little room for any additional current draws.
    I'd be leary of frying the ECU besides killing the battery in short order. Better bring a paddle !!

Richard

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information