First Ride Report From IRELAND! Advice needed

Hi,

250 arrived this morning and took it out for the first ride today. Only used the SLO key (for running in) which was tame to say the least?! Can anyone tell me exactly what the SLO key does to the ECU map? is it as simple as a 5,500rpm rev limit or is it more? Does it restrict boost? My boost guage was showing between 5 and 10.

Also, the BIG question I have is about fuel. Before I brought it out I put in 8.5 gallons. I did not fill it as I was not using the filling station where I have my business account. 28 mins on the time clock (with SLO key) and the fuel warning was beeping like crazy... is this normal ? or am I correct in remembering hearing about a design flaw with the fuel tank that left lots of fuel in the bottom of the tank when the warning was on.... and also (sorry for so many questions!) how much time riding is left when the warning comes on?

You guys have alot of experience with these machines so any help will be greatly appreciated... I'll even buy you a pint of guinness!!

The low fuel is normal. I usually get low fuel light when I used about 13.6 gallons. Given UltraTN put in 22.15 gallons (the tank should hold a little bit more), one can get low fuel warning with 8.5 gallons still in the tank.

My ski is stock and I have used 17.x gallons without any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Scatman View Post
    Hi,

250 arrived this morning and took it out for the first ride today. Only used the SLO key (for running in) which was tame to say the least?! Can anyone tell me exactly what the SLO key does to the ECU map? is it as simple as a 5,500rpm rev limit or is it more? Does it restrict boost? My boost guage was showing between 5 and 10.

Also, the BIG question I have is about fuel. Before I brought it out I put in 8.5 gallons. I did not fill it as I was not using the filling station where I have my business account. 28 mins on the time clock (with SLO key) and the fuel warning was beeping like crazy... is this normal ? or am I correct in remembering hearing about a design flaw with the fuel tank that left lots of fuel in the bottom of the tank when the warning was on.... and also (sorry for so many questions!) how much time riding is left when the warning comes on?

You guys have alot of experience with these machines so any help will be greatly appreciated... I'll even buy you a pint of guinness!!

This should help you understand the fuel in the 250 better.
    http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=14

Hey! Thanks for the info.... Guinness for creative and Skips!

Seriously, really appreciate it!

Thread Information