Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Prop for stock GTX?

I know all the yammering is about which prop for modded ski`s and what/how much tweeking, but when I had a few more ponies the skat 16\21 3 blade performed on target.
    now what 4 blade prop would best doo it for a stock 185HP GTX?

I currently have a PPG re-pitched prop in there and I`m easily on the limiter...my 3 blade got trashed, so do I try another 3 blade or go with a 4 this time around? I don`t want to be pulling it off for tweeking...PR...

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Is it running again????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT View Post
    Is it running again????????????????????????
    yes, so far only tested for about 35-40 minutes. need to go out with someone to see if it`s really gonna fly!...PR...

JERRY! any ideas on a 4 blade prop for my ski?

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Sweet! Good to know man, good luck!

will a 12\20 doo it?...PR...

Banned User
    +1
    For my father's 04 GTX, we went with the SR-CD-13/20R...We put it on right out of the box and were down 400 rpm...We adjusted the pitch a few times until we got to 7600...Overall he gained about 1.8-2mph, depending on fuel load and temp...plus his cruising rpm was down a little, but speed was the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    For my father's 04 GTX, we went with the SR-CD-13/20R...We put it on right out of the box and were down 400 rpm...We adjusted the pitch a few times until we got to 7600...Overall he gained about 1.8-2mph, depending on fuel load and temp...plus his cruising rpm was down a little, but speed was the same...
    good starting point, but I don`t want to be bending, just looking for out of the box prop, thanks Danny...PR...

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    good starting point, but I don`t want to be bending, just looking for out of the box prop, thanks Danny...PR...
    it is an out of box prop, but ALL props need to be matched to the ski eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    it is an out of box prop, but ALL props need to be matched to the ski eventually...
    agreed, but the stocker is what it is until you start to mod. My ski is stock, so there has to ba a happy medium without the need to remove the prop and bend. I`m not looking for the ultimate 1/10 of a mile gain, just a good known 4 blade.
    I have tried the three blade as mentioned, and it worked really good, actually surprised me. But really dodn`t know now if there is any real dif between the stock 4 blade and the skat 16\21 3 blade, since my three blade got all banged up when disaster struck... I only want to buy one choice in props, that`s why so many questions...PR...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information