Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Ultra 250x Riva Sponsons

i have a set on. i was just reading one of your posts and said you lost 2 mile an hour on the top end with those?

Quote Originally Posted by joeprice View Post
    i have a set on. i was just reading one of your posts and said you lost 2 mile an hour on the top end with those?

Didnt see that one about 2mph loss. Must have had them set wrong.

Riva Sponsons

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    I have a set of them on my ski and have not lost any speed at all, running constant 68s on gps with a fulltank. I to agree with Skip when he said you gotta watch it cuz it now sticks in the turns....but it hasnt tossed my butt off yet...came real close!!

there was a post back in time there that i was reading saying there was a loss in all positions. did you take any gps readings with them on or off? im looking only for top end. ill have to buy a gps soon. did anybody try that new pump nozel made by the japs?

turbojimmy had the post check it out.

Joe, At 5hrs & 10min of breakin time i got 68.4 and halftank,orig sponsons. Was still getting 68s even after I changed over to Riva sponsons with halftank. No loss of speed at all. Im doing testing on a modded rideplate by Jim of Performance and getting a good increase of 2.8mph faster overall. Due to water conditions i wasnt able to get any real good topspeed runs in, best was 68.7 with 1bar down on tank, 68.2 with fulltank. GPS numbers can be vouched for by various forum members. If you take a look a the Yamaha forum page under "Jims Performance" you can read my writeup on testing results. Overall you need to tryout all the different positions available on the Riva sponsons and pick one that suits your riding taste.

Quote Originally Posted by joeprice View Post
    turbojimmy had the post check it out.

I only tried them in two positions and lost a little speed in both positions. I will try them this weekend set in the position that Skip recommends and see what happens. I think it is general consensus that they do not add speed in any setting.

I wish people would be willing to post some settings that they have had luck with.

Jimmy, Your just gonna have to try them out in the diff. positions, everybody on this forum has different riding tastes as for what they are lookin for out of their ski, so test test test until you find one you like, not what I like. Im in my mid 40s and I ride balls to the walls all the time so I like my stuff setup for agressive ridin but how i have them set may not work for you. Here is a pix of one of the setups ive used and getting 68s out of it, hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!cid__Picture035.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	23561  

I hope to get out this weekend and try some more settings. Thanks for giving me one to try!

Banned User
    +1
    Would any of you guys that swapped for Riva's allow me to BORROW just one of your OEM ones for a few weeks?

Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information