+1

New 15F. Best performance mods?

Hi all,
    I'm new to this forum but have been around another one when I had my GP 1200R. I'm picking up my new 15F on Friday. Is the Riva rpm kit the best way to go? I'm guessing that this is the best place to buy it as well with 10% off. Looking to get the most top speed I can . Can't really find anything else for the 15F other than the Riva kit. Do you need any specialty tools for instalation? I did see that R&D has a ECU tuner but its expensive . Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks,
    Brian

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I have a 2006 15f, I have done the Riva exhaust mod, power filter and a R&D rideplate, I am GPSing 65.1 mph with much improved holeshot and mid range response.Stock it ran 61.2 mph on GPS.

I have and 06, here is my suggested sequence and document each step for increase speed..1 R&D Rideplate Fill in the holes on the rideplate will also need reverse bucket adapter. 2 pump wegde 3 Riva HP Air Kit 4 Riva Exhaust. Mine went from 61.9 GPS to almost 68 mph and still runing on 87 octane. You will also have to find someone to tweak the impeller and I know someone who can do it for you if you need to, I have have my stock impeller we just tweaked it a little on the for and aft side to stop the rev limiter problem,

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by baldguy50 View Post
    I have and 06, here is my suggested sequence and document each step for increase speed..1 R&D Rideplate Fill in the holes on the rideplate will also need reverse bucket adapter. 2 pump wegde 3 Riva HP Air Kit 4 Riva Exhaust. Mine went from 61.9 GPS to almost 68 mph and still runing on 87 octane. You will also have to find someone to tweak the impeller and I know someone who can do it for you if you need to, I have have my stock impeller we just tweaked it a little on the for and aft side to stop the rev limiter problem,

What does the wedge do to the rough water ride? The R&D ride plate softened the ride up, I wouldnt mind it being a little softer (AS this is my trip taking/buddy ski), but I dont not want iit to start porposing .

i did the full rpm kit from riva and yes greenhulk is the only way to go. the only specialty tools needed are the impeller tool and a good welder to do the exhaust . you can goto rivas sight and read the instructions for all of the kit and see if your comfortable doing it the exhaust looks intimidating but overall pretty simple. next is the intake barrier and mayby timing advance dont really want to mess with the motor thou.

ive also got the full riva kit and the intake barrier
    got the speedo reading 70mph on sunday but normally its at 68mph still not got my gps back from my mate
    would say she is doing a good 65 though i did see 64.2 before the ride plate went on
    and i havent done a run with less than half a tank yet

+1
    Hey thanks for the info . I'll check out the directions on the Riva site.
    What is an intake barrier? Also how do you advance the timing?

+1
    How many hours for break in ? I pick it up tommorrow. Can't wait untill its broken in so I can try out that holl shot.

+1
    People have varying opinions on breaking things in. I broke my ski in like I do my motors for drag racing. Got it up to temp, varied the rpm's for the first 20-30 min, then put it under some load to seat the rings. I did hard short bursts and some short top speed runs. Regardless, I always have the motor up to temp before beating on it.

Thread Information