Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SLO Key

SLO Key

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what performance I should expect when using the SLO key? I'm still running the ski in and don't want to use the fast key at all for this period. However, I found the performance disappointing so far... I'm putting this down to the SLO key... does it really tone down performance that much?

+1
    It will cut you back to about 40-45 or so. Don't worry, when you put the regular key in it will be much quicker.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply... Phew, was getting a little concerned.... Although having thought about it.... The SLO key limits the ski to about 5,500 rpm... AM I right to say this particular engine setup would only really come into it's power band after 5,500?

+1
    The 250x has a very broad power band. It has tons of torque from a dead start all the way to redline.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Im my opinion, I would NOT use the SLO key for break in, If you read the break in procedure It says not to run WOT for extended periods, I feel the engine needs some hard throttle pulls to get the rings to set properly, and with the SLO you are pushing agianst a rev limiter to keep it SLO W. Just my opinion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Im my opinion, I would NOT use the SLO key for break in, If you read the break in procedure It says not to run WOT for extended periods, I feel the engine needs some hard throttle pulls to get the rings to set properly, and with the SLO you are pushing agianst a rev limiter to keep it SLO W. Just my opinion.
    I did the same thing on mine. For the first 6-8 hrs I kinda took it easy but ran it at all rpm's and also did some very hard pulls for the same reason as Ultra250 Tn did.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    This is a good idea.
    You need higher gas pressures to help seat the rings properly.
    Run it with the regular key and vary your eng speeds. Do some WOT runs, but don`t sustain it for long periods. Your not going to hurt it this way and it will run better for it.

I ran SLO key for about three hours and could not contain myself!!! ahaha Ran with regular key for a little while running slowly up to WOT at 5 hours I never looked back. I have about 20 hours now and I must say this ski is just what I ahve been waiting for for a long time.

First let me say thank you for the advice. Today I rode with the MANS key! All I can say is WOW... this thing is sooooo quick!

An RXP from my experience feels like an Ultra 250 that isn't running properly!

Amazing machine... 250 all the way!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    I ran SLO key for about three hours and could not contain myself!!! ahaha Ran with regular key for a little while running slowly up to WOT at 5 hours I never looked back. I have about 20 hours now and I must say this ski is just what I ahve been waiting for for a long time.

I hear ya there, Ive been on Ultra 150's since 2002, and was ready for a new Kawi in 2004 when Sea doo put out the RXP, but I was patient and Im glad I was.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information